Others have pointed out that his unique medical condition can result in a loss of feeling and render him less effective in the early and late seasons and, if the baseball gods smile on us, the playoffs in years to come.
Others may argue that, because he has to adapt to this lack of feeling sometimes, he have one less hurdle to overcome during those baseball games that may be delayed by snow or rain.
I am going to argue that appointing a Closer shows that Ausmus is not ready to guide a rebuilding team where flexibility is part of the game.
Though personally I prefer the players who at very least pay lip service to the "I'm here to help the team" rather than the infamous statements of those who go "I'm a closer."
This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of the Bless You Boys writing staff.
- Tigers, Yankees game under way after 80-minute delayMLive.com
- New York Yankees fall out of AL East lead with loss to Detroit TigersSyracuse.com
- Yankee Stadium drenched during rain delayFanRag Sports (blog)
- Tigers' Shane Greene relied on adrenaline and a bit of laughter in nail-biting 9thMLive.com
- Yankees' comeback attempt falls short as Bombers lose to Tigers, 4-3New York Daily News
- New Tigers closer Greene gets 1st save in 4-3 win over YanksSacramento Bee
- CC Sabathia on verbal rips of ump: 'Young guy just came out'New York Post
- Yankees' Tanaka looks for first win vs. TigersYahoo Sports
- Shane Greene's five-out save helps Detroit Tigers halt Yankees, 4-3Detroit Free Press