Home > News > Google unveils 3D-modelling tool 'Blocks' Google has unveiled its new 3D-modelling tool ‘Blocks to simplify the process to create compelling virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) experiences.
The new tool, developed for HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift headsets, works by allowing users to create a 3D object on a virtual 3D canvass.
It occurred to us that creating the objects while in virtual reality could make this easier,” said Jason Toff, Group Product Manager at Google, in a blog post.
‘Blocks’ is designed in a way that anyone without any prior modelling experience can use and “feel more like playing with children’s blocks than working with traditional 3Dmodeling software”.
ALOS READ: F8 2017: Facebook Spaces is a new social VR platform for Oculus users
- VR: Google's 'Blocks' App Should Help Foster Some Great VR ContentAndroid Headlines
- Here's How Google's New VR Blocks App Differs From Tilt BrushObserver
- Google Blocks lets you build 3D models in VRThe Tech Report, LLC
- Google Blocks Makes 3D Modeling Accessible To Anyone With An Oculus Rift Or ...Tech Times
- Google's Blocks VR App Lets You Build 3D ModelsPYMNTS.com
- Google launches free 3D modelling tool 'Blocks' to allow users to make 3D ...3ders.org (blog)
- Google releases virtual reality 3D modelling software: Google Blocks3D Printing Industry
- The State Of The Virtual Reality BusinessForbes
- Google debuts Blocks, a free VR app for creating 3D objects on Oculus Rift and ...TechSpot