Part of the reason is raw horsepower, as Asobo Studios' Chief Creative Officer made explicitly clear when talking about the upcoming A Plague Tale: Innocence in a GamingBolt interview .
Titles like Mega Man Legacy Collection and South Park: The Fractured but Whole don't seem like they would tax the low-powered Switch hardware, but neither game has any plans for Nintendo's system.
If that's the case, we could see these publishers changing plans so that more games set to release in 2018 and beyond are built with the Switch audience in mind (though the hardware power issue will still limit some of these ports).
At some point, though, if the Switch continues its run on the market, you'd expect publishers to at least try to adapt their major franchises to the new audience like they did for the Wii.
- How Nintendo is using first-party Switch games to inspire third-party devsGamasutra
- Nintendo Switch In Stock At GameStop Shipping In Time Of Splatoon 2 ReleaseI4U News
- Nintendo Switch In Stock On Amazon Prime Day In Amazon Book StoresI4U News
- Homebrew developer uncovers NES emulator in the Nintendo SwitchMobileSyrup
- Nintendo Switch Stock Alert For July 7I4U News
- Nintendo Switch In Stock On Amazon - UpdateI4U News
- Nintendo Switch NES Games: Virtual Console hints could be tucked away inside ...Mic
- Amazon Prime Day 2017 officially starts next week but here are some early ...GamesRadar
- Homebrewers Find An NES Emulator Inside The Nintendo SwitchBleeding Cool News