A shopping cart is seen outside a Staples office supplies store in the Chicago suburb of Glenview, Illinois, February 4, 2015.
1 office supply chain Staples and smaller rival Office Depot Inc said on May 10, 2016, they would terminate their planned merger after a U.S. federal judge ordered the deal temporarily halted because of antitrust concerns.
(Reuters) - Staples Inc (SPLS.O) will announce its sale to private equity firm Sycamore Partners for $10.25 per share in cash on Wednesday, a person familiar with the matter said on condition of anonymity.
Reuters had reported last week that Sycamore Partners was close to a deal to Acquire Staples for more than $6 billion after prevailing in an auction for the U.S. office supplies retailer.
(Reporting by Lauren Hirsch in New York; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
- Staples Nears Deal With Sycamore for More Than $6.5 BillionWall Street Journal (subscription)
- Staples surges following reports that the company is close to being acquiredBusiness Insider
- One Maneuver by General Motors Could Give It a $60 Billion Valuation, Top ...TheStreet.com
- Sycamore Closes in on Deal to Acquire Staples -- Stock Explodes HigherTheStreet.com
- Staples jumps on report Sycamore is close to buy-out dealFinancial Times
- It Will Cost Ford More Than $140 Million to Recall 400000 Transit Vans and BusesTheStreet.com
- Phil Jackson Leaves His Sinking New York Knicks Ship and Sends MSG's Stock ...TheStreet.com
- Sycamore to Acquire Staples (SPLS) for $10.25/Share - ReportsStreetInsider.com
- CVS Just Did Something to Prevent You From Eating Chocolate and Getting TanTheStreet.com