At Fenway Park on Sunday, the Boston Red Sox will start veteran right-hander Doug Fister , the man they claimed off of waivers from the Angels on Friday.
To oppose him, the Angels will start rookie right-hander Parker Bridwell , the man they chose to remain in their rotation instead of Fister.
While recovering from an injury, Angels reliever Huston Street spent more than a week with Fister between triple-A and extended spring training .
Requiring another arm to pitch out of the bullpen, the Angels recalled right-hander Eduardo Paredes from triple-A Salt Lake and demoted first baseman C.J.
The Red Sox retired David Ortiz ’s number in a pregame ceremony and draped the Dominican Republic’s flag over the Green Monster during the country’s anthem.
- Red Sox notebook: Veteran righty Doug Fister joins the rotationBoston Herald
- Rick Porcello gets plenty of help as Red Sox top AngelsThe Boston Globe
- Red Sox add Doug Fister to provide rotation depthBoston Herald
- Could adding these two discarded veterans help the Red Sox get over the hump?Yahoo Sports
- Boston Red Sox Claim Doug Fister, Sign Johnny PeraltaCall to the Pen
- Hector Velazquez optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket to make room for Doug Fister ...MassLive.com
- Jhonny Peralta agrees to minor league contract with Red SoxBoston.com
- RED SOX NOTEBOOK: New veteran right-hander comes aboardTaunton Daily Gazette
- Major League notebook: Red Sox hoping Fister will bolster pitching staffPress Herald