Players of Ryan Reaves’s caliber (he scored 13 points last season) are not often the primary return in deals involving a first round pick.
Ranked the top European skater entering the draft by International Scouting Services, Kostin’s acquisition represented a recouping of the pick sacrificed to relieve the stress of Lehtera’s cap hit.
Doug Armstrong spoke to Game Time from the floor of the draft on Friday evening, and confirmed the moves were long in the works.
The youth movement was evident in the players acquired by the Blues on Friday evening, and Armstrong seemed ready to embrace the future when discussing potential changes to the lineup.
Reaves was traded and Scottie Upshall is an unrestricted free agent, creating some opportunities for younger players.
- Flyers deal Schenn to Blues; acquire veteran and 2 first-round picksPhilly.com
- Flyers trade Schenn to St. Louis, select Morgan FrostCherry Hill Courier Post
- Blues deal Lehtera to Flyers for center Schenn; take C Robert Thomas in draftSTLtoday.com
- Flyers trade Brayden Schenn to Blues for Jori Lehtera, draft picksSporting News
- Blues acquire Brayden Schenn from Flyers in draft day tradeSB Nation
- Blues acquire Schenn from Flyers, trade Reaves to PenguinsKSDK
- NHL Draft: Flyers Trade Brayden SchennCBS Philly
- Blues acquire Schenn from Flyers for Lehtera, two first-round picksFOXSports.com
- St. Louis Blues Make Deal for Flyers' Brayden SchennCBS St. Louis