Sen. Charles Schumer says President Donald Trump’s plan to privatize the nation’s Air Traffic control system could mean higher costs for consumers.
The New York Democrat and Senate minority leader said Sunday that the plan Trump announced on June 5 would give airlines too much control over costs.
He also said that during any national security emergency, privatization could hamper communication between air Traffic controllers and the Department of Defense.
Trump said air traffic control operations should be separated from the Federal Aviation Administration.
White House officials said a 13-member board including airline industry representatives and other stakeholders would oversee the system under Trump’s plan.
- House Democrats Introduce FAA Reform Bill to Counter Air Traffic Control ...GovExec.com
- What Would Privatizing Air Traffic Control Mean For Southwestern PA?90.5 WESA
- Trump's air traffic control plan faces fight in CongressWashington Examiner
- Schumer: Trump's plan for air traffic control system could mean higher costs ...wivb.com
- Air traffic control privatization plan faces plenty of oppositionTravel Weekly
- Schumer says Trump's FAA plans will cost consumers as fees riseamNY
- US air traffic control system is the best in the worldSTLtoday.com
- Privatizing FAA Would Mean Higher Costs For Consumers, Schumer SaysCBS New York
- Dear FAA: We Need Some (Air)SpacePatriot Post