Will Smith Net Worth
- Net Worth: $260 Million
- Profession: Actor, Producer, Songwriter, Rapper.
- Nationality: American.
- Birth Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.
- Date of Birth: 15 September 1968.
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 meters)
- Father: Willard Carrol Smith, Sr.
- Mother: Caroline Bright.
- Siblings: 2 Sisters (Ellen Smith, Pam Smith), 1 Brother (Harry Smith).
- Marital Status: Married.
- Wife: Jaden Koren Pinkett.
- Children: 1 Daughter (Willow Smith), 2 Son (Jaden Smith, Trey Smith).
Will Smith is one of the most popular American actors in the world. Other than being an amazing actor, he is also a film producer, a songwriter, and a rapper. He is one of the most powerful personalities in Hollywood. Will Smith’s father, Willard Carol Smith Sr. was a refrigeration engineer, and his mother, Caroline Bright was a Philadelphia school board administrator. Druing his childhood, Will Smith went to the Catholic elementary school in Philadelphia. After that, he went to the Overbrook High School. After finishing highschool, Will Smith had a chance to go to the prestigious Messichusets Institute of Technology, however, he did not have any intention of going to college. He focussed on his showbiz career and became a successful rap star.
In 1990, he got a chance to enter television which he grabbed and became one of the biggest television star in the world thanks to the NBC show, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. A few months later, he made his film debut and since then he has not looked back. Today Will Smith net worth is in hundreds of millions of dollars and he is one of the most successful actors in the world. Here are the details of his wealth and how he earned it.
What is Will Smith Net Worth?
The net worth of Will Smith is $260 million and it is increasing rapidly. The actor has been part of many highly successful Hollywood movies. Other than acting, he has also earned huge amounts of money from his film production and rap careers.
Will Smith is the only actor who has had eight consecutive movies gross more than $100 million in the US box office. Also, he is the only actor who has eleven consecutive movies gross more than $150 million internationally. Will Smith has won a number of awards for his roles in different mvoies. He has been able to win four Grammy Awards. Other than this, he has also been nominated for 2 Academy Awards and 5 Golden Globe Awards.
Will Smith Movies
The success enjoyed by Will Smith in Hollywood can hardly be matched by any other actor. This amazing superstar has had many movies that have grossed more than a $100 million at the box office. We have compiled the list of the 10 highest grossing movies of the career of Will Smith. Not only these movies have taken Will Smith to the heights of popularity, but these have also contributed heavily towards Will Smith net worth. Here are these movies.
- Suicide Squad – Released in 2016, Suicide Squad was a highly anticipated superhero based movie. The movie lived up to the expectations and became the highest grossing movie of the career of Will Smith. The total earnings from this movie were around $325 million.
- Independence Day – This movie sci-fi action movie featured Will Smith in the lead role of Captain Steven “Steve” Hiller. Other renowned actors in this film were Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Viva A. Fox, Judd Hirsch, Randy Quaid, and Margaret Colin. The movie was released in 1996 and it managed to earn $306 million during its time at the box office.
- I Am Legend – This 2007, action thriller is one of the most iconic movies of the career of Will Smith. He is the protagonist in the movie. Released in 2007, I Am Legend grossed $256 million during its time in theaters.
- Men in Black – Men in Black was a highly successful movie of 1997. This movie had something for everyone. On one hand, it was an action-packed sci-fi film. And on the other hand, it was an entertaining family movie with some comedy in it. The movie did really well at the box office and had total revenues of more than $250 million.
- Hancock – Hancock was a superhero movie with a unique storyline. Will Smith played the lead character of Hancock. The cast of the movie included renowned actors like Charlize Theron, Jason Bateman, Johnny Galecki, Atticus Shaffer, Jae Head, and Daeg Faerch. Hancock had great reviews from the film critics as well as the audiences. The total earnings from the movie were around $227 million.
- Men in Black II – The second part of the Men in Black came out in 2002 and although it was not as successful as the first part, it did manage to earn a considerable amount of money. The earnings from the movie were a little more than $190 million.
- Hitch – This romantic comedy featured Will Smith in the lead character of Alex Hitchens. The movie featured some other great actors like Eva Mendes, Amber Valetta, Kevin James, and Paula Patton as well. It was released in 2005 and it had total earnings of $179 million.
- Men in Black 3 – The 3rd part of the Men in Black series of movies was released in 2012. It managed to earn $179 million during its time at the box office.
- The Pursuit of Happyness – The Pursuit of Happyness was a really touching biographical drama film. It came out in 2006 and it had total earnings of more than $163 million.
- Shark Tale – Will Smith has done voiceover acting in his career as well. He did voiceover acting for the lead character of Oscar. This animated comedy was released in 2004 and with earnings of $160 million, it is the 10th highest grossing film of the career of Will Smith.
Some other highly successful movies of the career of Will Smith that have contributed heavily towards Will Smith net worth include I, Robot, Bad Boys II, Wild Wild West, Enemy of the State, Seven Pounds, Bad Boys, After Earth, Ali, and Focus. The estimated price of this amazing house is around $42 million.
Will Smith Salary
Like all other actors, Will Smith had humble beginnings. His salary initially was not that much. He worked really hard in his career and became one of the biggest movie stars in the world. Today, the salary of Will Smith is in tens of millions of dollars and he is one of the most in-demand actors in the world. Here is how much salary Will Smith has got in different movies.
- Where the Day Takes You – The salary of Will Smith in this 1991 movie was around $50,000.
- Six Degrees of Separation – Will Smith was paid a salary of $500,000 in this 1993 film.
- Independence Day – This is one of the most iconic movies of Will Smith’s career. It was released in 1996 and Will Smith received a salary of $5 million for his role in this movie.
- Men in Black – Will Smith received $5 million for his role in this 1997 film.
- Enemy of the State – This film came out in 1998 and Will Smith got $14 million for his role in this movie.
- I, Robot – This movie was released in 2004 and Will Smith received a salary of $28 million for his role in this movie.
- The Pursuit of Happyness – The salary of Will Smith in this movie was around $20 million.
- Hancock – This superhero movie came out in 2008 and Will Smith earned $20 million from this movie.
- Suicide Squad – The salary of Will Smith in this 2016 movie was around $20 million.
Will Smith Lifestyle
Will Smith is married to actress Jada Koren Pinkett. The couple married in 1997 and they have two children. Will Smith net worth is surely one thing that impresses many of his fans. However, it is not the biggest thing that impresses his fans. Perhaps, the biggest feature of Will Smith that motivate and impresses his fans is his love for life and his drive and passion through which he has been able to achieve big things in life. Here is a great motivational video of Will Smith in which he talks about his philosophy of life and how he has been able to achieve great things.
Will Smith House
The super high Will Smith net worth of $260 million has allowed the actor to be able to buy some luxurious properties in different parts of the world. The actor has his main house located in Calabasas, California in the United States. The house has a total area of the property is around 150 acres. The main house in the property spans 25,000 square feet and has 9 bedrooms. This beautiful mansion was designed by Stephen Samuelson. The wonderfully luxurious mansion has some unique features like a recording studio, a meditation lounge, and a huge garage that has space for 8 cars. The property has wide grounds and has facilities like basketball court, tennis court, volleyball court, a trampoline, and a huge swimming pool.
Will Smith Cars
When it comes to cars, Will Smith likes to really live it up and travel in some of the most expensive cars in the world. The actor has a number of sports cars, luxury sedans, and high-performance SUVs in his cars collection. Here are some of the cars owned by Will Smith.
- Mercedes Maybach
- Cadillac Escalade
- 1965 Ford Mustang
- Mercedes-Benz GL450
Will Smith Net Worth Compared to Other Actors
When we compare the net worth of Will Smith with other A-List actors we find that he is one of the richest actors in the world. The net worth of Will Smith is higher than that of Tom Arnold, Aziz Ansari, Morgan Freeman, Eric Bana, Javier Bardem, Penn Badgley, Kevin Bacon, and Liam Neeson. There are very few actors who have a higher net worth than Will Smith. These include Johnny Depp, Tom Hanks, and Tom Cruise.
The post Will Smith Net Worth | Movies | Career | Lifestyle | Salary | House | Cars appeared first on Celebs NetWorth.