Chelsea manager provided an injury update ahead of Chelsea’s clash against Newcastle United in the FA Cup and stated that Alvaro Morata, Thibaut Courtois and Willian will not be a part of the squad.
Chelsea is plagued with nagging injuries at the moment with several players out. Striker Alvaro Morata and goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois picked up knocks prior to the Arsenal clash.
To top all of that, Brazil International Willian was forced off in the 30th minute at the Emirates to be replaced by the debuting Ross Barkley.
Conte provided an update on the injuries and recovery of Morata and Courtois. The Italian manager said:
‘‘Morata and Courtois are out, Morata has a problem in his back and Courtois took a kick in his ankle. it is very difficult to tell you today how many days they need to come back.”
Antonio Conte says Alvaro Morata and Thibaut Courtois are out of Sunday's game against Newcastle.
— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) January 26, 2018
The manager went on to reveal the extent of Willian’s injury is yet to be known. He also added that:
‘‘Willian is out. Today with the doctor, he will have a scan to evaluate his injury. But I don’t think we’re talking about a serious injury.’’
Conte also had a say on the recovery of Cesc Fabregas who has been out of action for a while now. Asked whether the Spanish midfielder would be a part of the fixture, Conte replied:
‘‘[Cesc] Fabregas trained today and tomorrow I will check his physical condition and form.’’
Chelsea’s recent tryst with injuries
The London side has been victim to relentless injuries over the past few weeks. The likes of Gary Cahill, Danny Drinkwater, Cesc Fabregas, Ross Barkley, David Luiz and now the trio of Willian, Alvaro Morata and Thibaut Courtois have been injured so far this season.
The recurring injuries clearly seem to have had a profound impact on the performances of the Blues who failed to top their Champions League table and got eliminated in the Carabao Cup semi-finals. To top all of that, the Premier League champions find themselves a huge 15 points away from the top spot in the Premier League.
The trio will be a huge miss as Chelsea are yet to kickstart 2018 with rhythm. Willian would be the biggest miss with the Brazilian playing a huge part in creating chances for the team which was evident in Chelsea’s performance after he got subbed off. Caballero and the attacking unit will have to put up a good performance in the absence of these men.
The post Chelsea Boss Confirms Trio will miss upcoming FA Cup fixture appeared first on The12thMan.