Welcome back, boys! I'm more excited for this season then I've ever been.
Photos above via @Dodgers on twitter (here & here). Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: This isn't exactly Dodgers news, but it is relevant and important. In 1957 the Georgia State Senate approved a bill, introduced by state senator Leon Butts, that prohibits blacks from playing baseball with whites except at religious gatherings -- ten years after MLB had integrated.
- Happy Birthday, Mike Hechinger, Candy LaChance, Tim Jordan, Abe Kruger, Len Gabrielson & Takashi Saito!
- SI Video: Dodgers Prospect Braydon Fisher Set for Spring Training Following Tommy John Surgery (video link).
- KTLA is the hero we didn't know we needed, via a tweet from KTLA Anchor Samantha Cortese:
"Anything that tends to break down the bulwarks of segregation must be forcibly met by this general assembly. We have a situation in Georgia which has come about because of a national situation. I am referring to the Negroes in organized baseball in this state. It is unfortunate that some few people would participate in the destruction of our institutions for a few dollars."
"Astros cheater" 😂 pic.twitter.com/nEe8Z9VYy1— Samantha Cortese (@SamanthaCortese) February 13, 2020
- Here's what Cody Bellinger had to say yesterday, via a tweet from Jorge Castillo:
Bellinger: "I thought Manfred's punishment was weak, giving them immunity. I mean these guys were cheating for three years. I think what people don't realize is Altuve stole an MVP from Judge in '17. Everyone knows they stole the ring from us."— Jorge Castillo (@jorgecastillo) February 14, 2020
- Clayton Kershaw might have the best take, via a tweet from Pedro Moura:
Clayton Kershaw said it was a beautiful thing that so many in baseball were reacting honestly and openly about their feelings and moving on at their own paces.— Pedro Moura (@pedromoura) February 14, 2020
- The LA Kings showed this to fans during Dodger Night, earlier this week. Via a tweet from Bailey:
Since it’s @dodgers night I felt like I need to get us little redemption!! pic.twitter.com/gTBL3jMeLe— Bailey LA Kings (@BaileyLAKings) February 13, 2020
- ICYMI: Via Ronald Blum at MSN.com -- "Red Sox to send Dodgers $48M in 18 installments over 3 years."
- Via Mid-Michigan Now Newsroom -- "Former Mets manager and Michigander Terry Collins to visit the Loons this summer."
“When we took our Dodger minor league team to Midland I knew, because of my growing up in Midland, that the players would have a great fan base and support to make their experience better,” Collins said. “When I was young, we always had great community support. It will be an honor to see and speak with so many people when I’m there.”
- This weeks online exclusive Throwback Thursday set features the 1994 Bowman's Best Baseball card design and includes two Dodger prospects -- Gavin Lux and Dustin May. Check them both out below. Go here to check them out and order.
- I really enjoy Micah Johnson's artwork, via a tweet from him:
Had to reach deep in my bag today. #42— Micah Johnson (@Micah_Johnson3) February 13, 2020
[email protected] pic.twitter.com/gzR9aAVFx6
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *