Here are a couple more custom fantasy cards I put together using pics from the NLDS celebration in Atlanta.
Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 1965 Willie Davis stole three bases against the Twins in Game 2 of the Fall Classic to become only the second player in World Series history to have done so. In 1978 rookie Dodger pitcher Bob Welch came out of the bullpen during the ninth inning of Game 2 of the World Series and proceeded to get out both Thurman Munson and Reggie Jackson of the Yankees to preserve a victory, 4-3. The Jackson out has become a thing of lore. It's one of the more dramatic strike outs you'll ever see. Watch it here. In 1981 Jerry Reuss shutout the Astros, 4-0, to win the best-of-five divisional series and earn the right to face Montreal for the National League Pennant.
- Happy Birthday, Bob Chipman, Bob Stinson & Gregg Olson!
- Via Blake Harris at True Blue LA; "Dave Roberts addresses roster moves and other news."
“You got to pitch, play defense, hit, not let your emotions or let the moment get to big for you,” he said. “Not letting emotions get to each individual. Two teams playing good baseball up to this point. They have home field advantage, but we’ve actually played better on the road than at home. With our group, that doesn’t bother us.”
- Looks like they figured something out with Stripling, via a tweet from Bill Plunkett:
Stripling also admitted he has been tipping pitches. "Pretty bad," he said -- Honeycutt, Utley, Dozier all spotted it. had to do with his foot position in stretch mainly. #Dodgers— Bill Plunkett (@billplunkettocr) October 11, 2018
- Uhhh... What! Per Adam Rawnsley at the Daily Beast; "Dodgers Were Told Player Sexually Assaulted a Maid. They Kept Quiet. He Stayed in Baseball." (Hat Tip: Liz Roscher at Yahoo Sports) This happened in 2015.
The ballplayer, the manager wrote, would not take no for an answer.“On Sunday things elevated where she was cleaning another room and he came up behind her and grabbed her,” the email continued. “She pushed him back and he came back and grabbed her yet again. She told him that she wasn’t interested and that he needed to leave and he did.”
The team quickly sent the player back to Latin America and released him from the Dodgers a few months later. But there is no evidence that the Dodgers notified Major League Baseball about the allegations.
- Tracy Hackler at Panini's The Knight's Lance blog shares a bunch of preview pics from their upcoming 2018 Elite Extra Edition Baseball brand. To the right is a card for Dodger prospect Diego Cartaya. These cards will be coming out in December.
- Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest takes, "A look at the Dodgers’ 13 arbitration-eligible players and projected salaries."
- Here's a simple straight forward preview of the NLCS, via David Pinto at Baseball Musings:
The only thing the Dodgers did poorly as a pitching staff was allow home runs. That was more of a strength for the Brewers, and they will need to be at their best to stop the Dodgers home run onslaught. The Brewers look like they have a slightly better defense. Otherwise, two Dodgers strengths, batters drawing walks and pitchers striking out opponents play to two Brewers weaknesses, pitchers issuing walks and batters striking out.
- Via Matthew Moreno at Dodger Blue; "Matt Kemp Sought Advice From Chase Utley To Gain Better Understanding Of Platoon Role."
“Chase was one of the guys that I went to, you know, because he’s been in a similar situation,” Kemp said. “But you got so many guys on the bench that can make a big impact. Guys are staying ready and staying hot just in case something happens because you never know when you’re going to come in the game.”
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *