This weekends games in Monterrey, Mexico against the Padres are likely to feel like home games to the 'Boys in Blue'. Per Bill Shaikin at the LA Times:
"It's going to be awesome," Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen said. "The Dodger fans, the majority of them, are Mexicans. No disrespect to any other people.
"They are die-hard fans. No matter how we are doing, they will always be supportive."Photo above via MLB México on twitter. Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 1919 Brooklynites attend the very first major league game played on a Sunday in Brooklyn due to a new law passed by the NY Legislature called the "Sunday Baseball Bill." The Brooklyn Dodgers defeated the Boston Braves at Ebbets Field, 6-2. In 1966 Willie Mays hits his 512nd career home run off of Dodgers hurler Claude Osteen at Candlestick Park. The homer breaks the NL All-Time home run mark held by Mel Ott. In 1976 it is declared Rick Monday Day in Illinois. The then Cubs outfielder is presented with the flag he saved from an on-field burning attempt at Dodger Stadium. In 2009 the Dodgers win their 11th straight game to start the season -- breaking a NL record. In 2012 the Dodgers signed free agent outfield Bobby Abreu to a one-year $9 million contract.
- Happy Birthday, Sid Gautreaux!
- Audio: Chase Utley Talks Dodgers Rally Over Diamondbacks (Audio Link).
- Podcast: True Blue LA Podcast episode 1805: Corey Seager out for the year (Podcast Link).
- You can check out pics from yesterday's game here, via Dodger Insider.
- Check out these great pics from the home of our enemy. Per DodgerDrei at A Good Drei With Kid N Drei; "Drei’s Photo Blog... The Giant Vault."
- Check this out. Michael Duarte at NBC4 shares a huge collection of pics featuring; "Corey Seager Through The Years: A Look at the Dodgers Two-Time All-Star."
- Per ESPN Mexico; "Valenzuela, A-Gon, headline top 10 list of MLB players from Mexico."
El Toro has landed. #LosDodgers | #MexicoSeries pic.twitter.com/XJrLcrf3eT— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) May 4, 2018
- This weeks Topps Throwback Thursday set features MLB Superstars on the 1993 Star Wars Galaxy card design, and includes Dodgers hurler Clayton Kershaw. See his card on the right. Go here to check out the set and order.
- Furthermore, a couple of Dodger prospects can be found in a new Topps 2018 On-Demand card set (#3) that features MLB Rookie Sensations. The Dodgers' are Walker Buehler and Alex Verdugo, and both an base and autographed cards will be available. Unfortunately, preview pics for these two are not available. Go here to check out the set and order.
- A brief look back. Via Rhiannon Walker at The Undefeated; "When the Dodgers, Lakers and Clippers postponed their games because of the Rodney King riots."
During the first game of the Dodgers-Phillies series, the players and people in the stadium could see the smoke from the stadium. But the extent of how bad things were was not evident until the stadium announcer made everyone aware. When the players went into their respective locker rooms and saw what was happening on TV, there was nothing but shock.“We were aware of what was happening, but not to the extent of exactly what was happening until they made the announcement,” Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda told Newsday. “Then we met with the stadium operations director to find out what freeways were closed and where to go to get out of here.” The Dodgers security team escorted the buses that took the Phillies back to their hotels.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *