With Black Friday just around the corner I, like much of America, will be spending some time online finding some deals. In order to entice collectors to visit and order from Topps on Black Friday weekend they are offering a special shopping bonus.
The first 1,000 orders for each day over the shopping weekend will receive one of four limited edition Topps Now cards. Blowout Buzz has some details:
The promos will be player-specific to certain days — Aaron Judge (Friday), Mike Trout (Saturday), Carlos Correa (Sunday) and Cody Bellinger (Monday) — and one card will be included with the first 1,000 orders on Topps.com each day.
There was no posted minimum purchase to receive a card as part of the promotion.Below are more links to check out:
- This day in Dodgers History: In 1952 Dodgers hurler Joe Black is named the Rookie of the Year. He received 19 of 24 first place votes.
- Happy Birthday, Simmy Murch, Freddie Lindstrom, Paul Richards, Dick Schofield, Matt West, Andy High & Tripp Cromer!
- RIP, Bob Borkowski. Per Manny Randhawa at MLB.com; "Borkowski, member of '55 Dodgers, dies at 91."
- Spring is getting closer every day. Rowan Kavner at Dodger Insider shares with us the upcoming Spring Training schedule for the 2018 season. Go here to check it out.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA; "Dennis Santana, Trevor Oaks added to Dodgers’ 40-man roster." You can check out the entire 40-man roster here. BTW, both Josh Ravin and Grant Dayton were moved to the Atlanta Braves to make room, via a DFA and a waiver claim, respectively. Eric has more on this here.
- The Dodgers are making a change at Triple-A Oklahoma City. Per a tweet by Ken Gurnick, OKC hitting coach Shawn Wooten has been let go:
Dodgers have let go of Triple-A Hitting Coach Shawn Wooten, who worked closely with Corey Seager, Cody Bellinger and Joc Pederson. Assistant hitting coach Tim Hyers earlier was hired away by Boston as big-league hitting coach.— Ken Gurnick (@kengurnick) November 20, 2017
- Via Ron Cervenka at True Blue LA; "Dieter Ruehle a part of incredible Dodgers history.
- Per Market Insider; "MVPindex Presents Major League Baseball's Most Valuable Teams, Players And Posts For 2017 Season." Both Justin Turner and Adrian Gonzalez count as the most Socially Relevant MLB Athletes, and the Dodgers are the second most socially valuable team (behind the Yankees).
- Night Owl Cards writes about a bunch of Fernando Valenzuela cards, and in the process highlights an old post of his that I hadn't made note of before. See that old post here. As you will see, for whatever reason there was a time a few years back when Fernando regularly crossed out the "Topps" logo on any cards he signed. Why? I dunno.
- Panini America shares a bunch of preview pics from their upcoming 2017 Chronicles Baseball card set; including pics of a Cody Bellinger and Joc Pederson cards seen below. This set is hitting store shelves on Wednesday. Go here to check out more preview photos.
- I briefly wrote about this jersey last week. The 1947 rookie season Jackie Robinson game-used Brooklyn Dodgers uniform jersey sold at auction for a big price over the weekend. Per Joe Orlando on twitter:
This 1947 Jackie Robinson jersey sold for a record $2,050,000. In fact, it becomes the first non-Babe Ruth jersey to reach $2,000,000: pic.twitter.com/a8YPZG8zBT— Joe Orlando (@JoeOrlandoPSA) November 20, 2017
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *