It was rivalry weekend here is Southern California. USC faced off against the UCLA on the gridiron and Joc Pederson was on-hand to root for the Trojans. In fact, he lead the team out of the tunnel onto the field. BTW, although Pederson did not go to USC his father did. So, he has a family connection to the university.
Photo above of Joc with Lynn Swann via USC Athletics on twitter. Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 2011 the Dodgers signed free agent infielder Luis Cruz. In 2014 the Dodgers acquired relievers Adam Liberatore and Joel Peralta from the Tampa Bay Rays for Greg Harris and Jose Dominguez.
- Happy Birthday, Leon Cadore, Rube Ehrhardt, Jay Johnstone, Rick Monday, JD Drew & Alex Guerrero!
- Kyle Glaser at Baseball America shares their, "2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Top 10 Prospects."
Strengths: The Dodgers boast the deepest and highest-quality collection of catchers of any system in the game. Keibert Ruiz heads the group as a premier prospect, Will Smith projects as a quality future everyday catcher, 2017 draftee Connor Wong is an intriguing athlete moving quickly and Kyle Farmer is a present major league-caliber backup. The Dodgers are strong on the other side of the battery as well with a deep group of righthanders stratified throughout the farm.
- Jeffrey Paternostro, Wilson Karaman, and BP Prospect Staff share their, "2018 Prospects: Los Angeles Dodgers Top 10 Prospects."
- Via Matthew Moreno at Dodger Blue; "Adrian Gonzalez To Play Winter Ball With Charros De Jalisco Of Mexican Pacific League."
- Panini America shares more preview pics from their 2017 Black Friday in-store wrapper redemption promotion for card shops around the country. Check out a Bellinger relic card you can find on the right. Go here to check out more preview photos.
- Per Dan Martin at the New York Post; "Chris Woodward: What Dodgers taught me could help Yankees."
“The players, at times, would get frustrated because they weren’t playing as much as they thought they should,’’ Woodward said during a conference call Saturday. “But then people started to realize this was a recipe for success. Once they bought in and accepted their role, we continued to move forward.”And Roberts’ personality played a major role in that change, according to Woodward.
“Dave never broke stride,” Woodward said. “He was relentlessly positive.”
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *