Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>



In the middle of a busy city stood one of the most haunted places in Mumbai, India. The Grand Paradi Towers consisted of three towers with 28 storeys each. It is one of the oldest and biggest residential apartments in the city. Built in 1975, the Grand Paradi is the residence of some of the most wealthy and well known personalities in Mumbai. But, amidst its affluence hide a disreputable tale of sorrow and suicides.

The most notable incident of suicide happened on June 14, 1998 when elderly couple Vasadeo and Tara Dalal jumped from the balcony of their eighth floor apartment. Mr. Dalal left a suicide note claiming their son Balkrishna (48) and daughter-in-law Sonal (45) were harassing them. Investigations showed that Balkrishna and his wife wanted to transfer the flat to their name.

After seven years of trial, on the day of the verdict March 28, 2005, Balkrishna, Sonal and 19-year old daughter Pooja took their lives on the same manner their parents did, on the same balcony, on the same floor. Dalal family committed suicide to elude conviction.


The manager and staff of Grand Paradi Towers performed rituals to get rid of the bad spirits. However, the series of unfortunate events did not end there.

In October 28, 2006, the daughter of honorary consul general of Brazil jumped from the fifth floor of Navyug Sagar Building at Teen Baati, Walkeshwarat, Malbar Hill to the shock of the public. Charisma Anil Kadakia, 24 years old, was a resident of Grand Paradi and was under treatment for depression. On that day, she went to meet his boyfriend Nipun Doshi, who lived in a flat at the fifth floor of Navyug Sagar building. Charisma unexpectedly went out to the balcony and hopped before Nipun’s eyes.

Prior to the death of Dala family in 2005, Mr. Jain who was also a resident of the Grand Paradi committed suicide in 2000.  A house helper Narayan Ramchander attempted to jump from the 19th floor of the Grand Paradi complex in April 26, 2001 following the accusation of his stealing. The suicide drama lasted for 10 hours until Narayan was rescued. He was later detained by the police where he alleged that he was mentally tortured by his employers and was extremely tensed.

Since its constructions in 1975, there were more than 20 horrific and fatal accidents and suicides at the triple towers. The apartment on eighth floor was the most feared where the three generations of the same family met similar fate. The flat is sealed off and still remains to be occupied.


Source:  CNN Travel   Amazing Stories Around the World   Haunted India

This post first appeared on Home - Scary Side Of Earth, please read the originial post: here

Share the post



Subscribe to Home - Scary Side Of Earth

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription