These four terms usually refer to the same time period, a belief common to most religions, as explained in Wikipedia’s article.
The Bible Gateway website has many translation versions of the verse below, including many other languages. Christians often check various translations of a verse, and this website makes that easy. I find it helpful to look definitions words I am not so sure about. I have hyperlinked a few words in the quote below I wasn’t very familiar with, to Merriam Webster’s online definitions.
“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.” Bible, 2 Timothy 3:1-5, New International Version.
On the brighter side is this well-known Bible Verse Isaiah 2:4 (New International Version): “He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.”
- Daniel Chapter 12.
- Matthew Chapter 24.
- Mark Chapter 13.
- Luke Chapter 21.
- Isaiah Chapter 11.
- Isaiah Chapter 2.
- Various verses chosen by openbible.info website.
Related Baha’i Writings and Prayers:
- Baha’u’llah: Gleanings III
- Baha’u’llah: Gleanings IV
- Baha’u’llah: Gleanings XVII
- Baha’u’llah: Lawh-i-Aqdas
- Baha’u’llah: Fire Tablet
- Baha’u’llah: Tablet of Ahmad
- Selections of the Writings of Abdu’l-Baha
Abdu’l-Baha’s explained five Bible verses related to the end of times in the book Some Answered Questions:
- Traditional Proofs Exemplified from the book of Daniel.
- Commentary on the eleventh chapter of the Revelation of St. John.
- Commentary on the eleventh chapter of Isaiah.
- Commentary on the twelfth chapter of the Revelation of St. John.
- Spiritual Proofs.
Thief in the Night by William Sears covers this topic extensively from a Baha’i perspective.
Baha’i Library Online website articles:
- Catastrophe, Armageddon and Disaster
- The Apocalyptic Upheaval Completed?
- A Unique Eschatological Interface: Baha’u’llah and Cross-Cultural Messianism.
- The End of the World Whatever Happened? Or Leftover Time to Kill
- Hindu Prophecies
- Return of Christ
- The Real Millenium.
Bahaiteachings.org website articles:
- End Times – Real or Symbolic?
- A New Revelation on the Battle of Armageddon.
- End of the World as We Know it.
- Conquering Fear of Anniliation With Disaster Movies.
- Rapture and the End of the World.
Finally, I stumbled across two Youtube playlists that seem in harmony with the Bible verse Isaiah 2:4
- Study War No More
- Swords into Ploughshares
The post End of Times, Armageddon, Doomsday, The Return of Christ appeared first on Ideas for Coping with Chronic Mental Health Illness.