It has been several years for which supply chains have struggled to get a real time and detailed view of what happens in the Chain, both externally and within the company. A study in the year 2010 recognized ‘dearth of internal cross functional collaboration and visibility’ as one of the top 3 barriers to achieving Supply Chain goals. Several features of the Supply Chain such as flow management, inbound logistics and labour management are greatly influenced by the amount and type of information available. In order to get adapted as well as succeed in an unpredictable business and market environment, one requires not just constant flow of data from the bottom to the top, but also an automated system which is fundamentally autonomous and reliable. Tally ERP 9’s supply chain visibility offers this extremely essential line of sight across networks up to the last mile.
Knowing Supply Chain Visibility
Every supply chain has two main pillars, namely Capital and Material. Also vital are the links of the chain formed by the several branch offices, warehouses, distributors, dealers, stockists, resellers and retailers, etc. However, the data, facts and figures that capture the micro level details of the entire Supply Chain form another crucial aspect.
Supply Chain Visibility is the process targeted at equipping an organization with intelligence, for current implementation and future planning, by permitting the collection, compilation and collation of information through accurate traceability of material and capital.
The Supply Chain Visibility process through Tally software thus incorporates the collection of distributed data across several stages and organizing this into usable as well as functional information. Additionally, this information is consolidated in a sensible manner, for quicker and effective decision making.
Prevailing processes for getting Supply Chain Visibility and their restriction
Businesses invest both time and money in gathering information. The several methods applied today and their restrictions are:
- Businesses invest in a technology solution which they share with Regional Offices, Warehouses and even distributors wherever possible. However, they cannot easily share the ownership with the dealers and reseller due to license terms.
- For a retailer, the erudite systems aren’t extremely flexible or easy to use. Also, implementation would require them to put a stop on the business for some time.
- Multiple brands are sold by retailers. They are not in the position to adopt and learn the costly technology system being used by each principal company.
- Some businesses have a web based dealer management system, however, dealers and retailers in rural areas have limited access to internet, and thus gathering information is a great challenge.
- Businesses send their sales executives or external marketing agencies to manually collect information. This process is quite expensive and time concentrated. Also, data collection is not real time and precision is uncertain.
These present realities result in little or no visibility for the principal company into the supply chain once goods leave the warehouses and enter into the dealer and reseller stage.Taking into account these problems, a technology tally solution which can automate and streamline the process is clearly the requirement of the hour.