I had heard a lot about TrafficSwarm and even knew a few people who used it with mixed results. It is free to sign up and free to use. It is viral marketing that is supposed to bring targeted traffic to your site. Basically, you view other members' site and they view yours. In theory (and in reality for some) it works very well. I tried it with two of my sites and it did not work either time. I surfed and earned quite a few credits. My website never showed as many times as I had earned and less than 1% of the viewers clicked.
But, there are ways of earning credits other than just browsing other people's sites. Perhaps if I had earned a lot more credits, I would have had a better experience. I've just added another site, so I'll let you know how it goes.
- It is free
- You do not have to give up personal information other than your email address (and everyone reading this knows that you need a junk email for things like this)
- It takes very little time
- If you make TrafficSwarm your homepage, you earn a credit every time you open your browser. Click on one site listed and earn from 1-3 credits
- It actually does work for some people - this may largely be dependent on the type of site you have and how well you are at writing your display ad
- It didn't work for me
- You do need to be able to write a display ad that would make someone want to click on it