SAP Activate Implementation Methodology gives the customer the freedom to get up and running quickly to innovate continuously. It provides implementation guidance to project teams implementing SAP solutions.
We are pleased to announce availability of the New version of the Sap Activate Methodology for Business Suite and On-Premise solutions. The implementation roadmap is designed to support team following both the Agile and Waterfall deployment approach. This new release builds on success of both implementation roadmaps and further delivers improvements in number of content areas.
We have gathered great feedback from our own customer community, our SAP experts and Project Management team to build on the previous release and continuously improve our SAP Activate Methodology.
We have combined both implementation roadmaps into one, using tagging functionality in Sap Roadmap Viewer; to offer more options to the end-user, to either use an Agile or Waterfall Methodology for your SAP implementation.
Selecting a tag will display content relative to the selected tag. If there are no tags selected, Agile content will be the default displayed. (see the figure below showing the steps to set the filters by specific tag).
In the pop-up window, you can select the filter button to view the tagging options
Select “Agile” or “Waterfall” and click the “OK” button to view deliverables, tasks, and accelerators necessary for your implementation
View the Tagging presentation for guidance on filtering based on tags and tag descriptions
SAP Activate Methodology for Business Suite and On-Premise Content Updates Highlights:
1. Streamlined deliverables and tasks with revised and updated accelerators and template to better align with the S/4HANA On-Premise Roadmaps.
2. A continuous improvement to the Agile approach to deliver benefit to the business early through incremental release of functionality during the project. The Methodology includes revised accelerators for: Agile Definition of Ready & Done, Agile Implementations Business Process Management, Agile Release Planning, Agile Scrum Meeting Guidelines and Agile Sprint Burndown and Task Board.
3. Improved Project Management workstream with available template to jumpstart your project with Project Plan Template ready to be used in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 and Microsoft Project.
4. The availability of the project plan and tasks dependencies from the SAP Roadmap Viewer to SAP Solution Manager. From the project plan attached to the SAP Roadmap Viewer, you will automatically get all the deliverables, tasks and tasks dependencies ready to upload into the SAP Solution Manager 7.2. With this release, we are making the great content updates of SAP Activate methodology available to the project teams using SAP Solution Manager as their preferred application lifecycle management toolset.
5. The SAP Roadmap Viewer provides a systematic approach to Organization Change Management for SAP’s implementation from Project Kick-off to Go-live that involves an OCM Setup & Governance, Stakeholder Management Communication Management, Organizational Alignment, Training & Enablement, Performance Management and Change Monitoring.
6. New content in Value Management with an improved guidance to monitor and control the implementation of key process changes and value enablers and to also ensure the customer plans for long-term value management strategy.
7. Updated Project Quality Gates Checklist to help you identify risk early with total quality approach for implementation:
- Covers all project types and is generic for all various implementation scenarios and deployment types
- Four (4) mandatory Quality Gates at the end of each phase (Prepare, Explore, Realize and Deploy)
8. Significant content improvement and update of more than 50 accelerators (How-to-Guide, prefilled templates, supporting documentation and more) for the following areas: Technical Architecture and Infrastructure, Application: Design & Configuration, Integration and Transition to Operations.
Introduction of Blog Series:
Over the next few weeks, we will be sharing more information with this community about the details of this update. The blog series will walk you through the project implementation approach, using the SAP Activate Methodology for Business Suite and On-Premise Roadmap.
We will cover the Project Management approach and its effective use during the implementation, the Organizational Change Management framework for a successful implementation, the effective use of Solution Manager 7.2 and more. All blogs will be tagged with #sapactivate so you can easily follow them. We will also link them into this introduction blog, so you can find the entire series in one place. Stay tuned for more details in the upcoming weeks.
Availability & Accessibility
The SAP Activate Methodology for Business Suite and On-Premise of both Agile and Waterfall is available on the SAP Roadmap Viewer app. Please Login to get access to additional content or follow this link to Getting Started with SAP Activate in Roadmap Viewer.
Questions or Comment
If you have question about the SAP Activate Methodology for Business Suite and On-Premise (Agile & Waterfall) roadmap, please visit and join the SAP Activate Methodology JAM group to get access to experts, resources and more document and road maps. With over 22,5k subscribers, the SAP Activate JAM Group will be the best resource for you to connect with our experts to figure out if and how SAP Activate is right for you. http://bit.ly/SAPActivate
If this topic series interests you, check out our e-book SAP S/4HANA Cloud: Implementation with SAP Activate which is available from SAP PRESS.