# Purpose of This Blog
There is drastic change on various Planning front in S/4 HANA; many SAP Consultant are not able to conclude this change and not able to understand the holistic view of the SAP S/4 HANA Planning.
# Overview of the Planning in SAP
Planning in SAP has been majorly moved SAP BPC Optimised for S/4 HANA. SAP BPC Optimized for SAP S/4HANA is part of the SAP S/4HANA business suite. It is delivered with BW content and planning structures, along with analysis office planning workbooks.
# Planning in S/4 HANA
Cost Center Data, Internal Order Data, and Project Data planning is possible in SAP ERP (S/4 HANA). Profit Center planning is no more supported in the SAP S/4HANA (SAP ERP). Below table illustrate the planning possibilities in S/4 HANA and Optimised BPC.
|Profit & Loss||Yes||Yes*|
|Profit Center (and GL)||Yes||Yes*|
|Market Segment (Account Based)||Yes||Yes|
|Market Segment (Cost Based)||Customised||Yes|
|Plan Data Processing||Yes||Yes*||Yes|
|Y* = It is deactivated by default, but can be re-activated in S/4 HANA System|
|Y# = Communication between S/4 HANA and BPC possible|
Pictorial View of the above data
Note: Plan data recorded prior to the S/4 HANA migrate in GL (BS/P&L/PrCtr/BusArea) cannot be accessed after the migrate, as the planning transactions are deactivated during the upgrade. So, please pay special attention to this during S/4 HANA migration.
# key Capabilities of SAP BPC Optimized for SAP S/4HANA
- Single planning solution with the strengths of current solutions.
- Real-time access to master and transactional data, for modeling and variance analysis.
- Flexible drill-down on drivers of profitability, including customer, product, geography, and channel.
- Identification of trends and forecasts, using predictive analysis.
- Seamless integration of planning screens into SAP S/4HANA workflows.
- End-to-end simulation capabilities.
- Pre-built planning models for accelerated adoption.
- Elimination of Data Replication
- It provides end to end simulation capabilities
# BPC Content Analysis Workbooks are SAP FIORI Compliant
# Other Understanding
- BPC required a separate license
- BPC 10.1 version for SAP NetWeaver is compatible with SAP S/4 HANA