This blog is continuation of my previous blog where I had explained about setting up Communication Management in SAP S/4HANA Cloud:
In this episode I would like to explain the step by step procedure of using SAP API Business Hub so that we can use this to trigger/test our APIs from our SAP S/4HANA Cloud tenant.
1. Launch SAP API Business Hub from https://api.sap.com/ and click ‘APIs’:
2. Click on ‘Register’ button on top right corner:
3. Fill up the registration form and click ‘Register’ to get your user created:
You will receive a link for activation on the email id provided by you.
Note: This would be the user which can be used to access other SAP platforms like SAP.com and SAP Community Network. Hence you can skip Step-2 and Step-3 if you already have a user.
4. Login with your Username and Password:
5. Search for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and click to open the package:
6. Click on ‘Artifacts’ tab and search for your API (eg: Process Purchase Order), Click to open it:
7. Go to ‘Resource’ Tab and click ‘Configure’. This will set the target SAP S/4HANA Cloud tenant where this API would be triggered (API Endpoint setting):
8. Provide details for configuration and click ‘Ok’:
Endpoint Alias: give any name
host: Host name of your SAP S/4HANA Cloud tenant (eg: xxxx.s4hana.ondemand.com)
port: Port name of your SAP S/4HANA Cloud tenant (check with your Administrator)
Username: Username of your Communication User (refer previous blog)
Password: Password of your Communication User
9. Your API Endpoint is now configured and ready to be used. Select the configured API Endpoint from drop down:
These steps have now enabled us to trigger this API in our own SAP S/4HANA Cloud tenant, based on the method we need (like GET, POST etc.).
In my next blog, I would be explaining the steps to use ‘GET’ method of this API for fetching data from SAP S/4HANA Cloud.