The new SAP Community release notes include many new features and fixes — one of which has been the source of much consternation. In fact, let’s start with that:
- As noted in far too many discussions to list (but here’s a taste), several thousand archive pages had broken links — as they were linking to documents in a retired SCN repository. This issue has been resolved, and these links now work. Please note, however, that a smaller portion of the links remain broken for an unrelated reason: They link to expired content on SAP.com (not to documents within the retired repository). We are looking into a solution for this newly discovered problem.
- Last month, we rolled out a new feature showing how many new notifications you received since you last accessed this list. This new feature introduced a new problem, however: You could no longer see how many notifications were unread — an issue raised in discussions such as Bug (?): “Notification-Counter” vanishes, but there are still unread ones! and Bug? Notification counter is not displayed. We recognized this problem in our February 16 release highlights, and explained that we would add a message tracking unread notifications. And that’s exactly what we did with this release.
- To reduce (or eliminate) the need for the much maligned “more” button, we have made changes to several sections. First, the number of items in both the Notifications and Activities streams have been increased from 10 to 20. Secondly…
- As detailed in a recent Coffee Corner update, the “more” button is gone completely from the Content and Network lists of the user profile — replaced with pagination. This new feature makes jumping through a user’s blogs, questions, followers, etc., much easier — especially when trying to find information from some of our more prolific, popular members.
- Members noticed that a recent bug brought back the old moderation alerts for questions. We have restored the correct moderation alerts, such as the always popular “Failed to Search.”
- A bug with the Social Activities option in the Activity Type filter in Followed Activities has been fixed to show correct activities.
- Speaking of filters, in both the Blogs and Questions & Answers sections, the option to sort content by Followed Tags has been moved up above the option for sorting by Archives — as users are more likely to look for content that interests them before they sift through older material.
- An issue with the social-sharing buttons in blogs — in which the Like button was not loading properly — has been fixed.
One last piece of news (well…a reminder, really) that should be of particular interest to all of you gamification fans: In November, we published a blog post announcing that the new mission set — while ready to roll out — was put on hold so we could focus on priority fixes and features.
That still remains true. We haven’t forgotten about missions and badges, and they’re still ready to go, but we want to continue to concentrate efforts on core functionality. The release notes — such as those highlighted here — show how these efforts are paying off, with improvements coming roughly every two weeks. So if you’ve missed previous updates, check out the list below.
- Release Highlights, as of March 1, 2017
- Release Highlights, as of February 16, 2017
- Release Highlights, as of January 23, 2017
- Release Highlights, as of December 8, 2016
- Release Highlights, as of December 2, 2016
- Release Highlights, as of November 17, 2016