This is the last blog post that I am going to write as Virtual PC Guy. But do not fear, I am starting a new blog over at american-boffin.com, and all the Virtual PC Guy posts are going to remain intact.
You may wonder why I am making this change?
Well, there are several reasons.
- It’s been a long time. I have written 1399 blog posts over 14 years – averaging one new post every other working day. When I started this blog, I had more hair and fewer children.
- The world has changed. When I started writing as Virtual PC Guy, virtualization was a new and unknown technology. Cloud computing was not even invented yet. It is amazing to think about how far we have come!
- The scope and impact of my work has drastically increased. When I started blogging, there were a very select group of people who cared about virtualization. Now, between cloud computing, the rise of virtualization and containerization as standard development tools – and the progress we have been making on delivering virtualization based security for all environments – more and more people are affected by my work.
- I am a manager now. When I started on this blog I was a frontline program manager – and most of my time was spent thinking about and designing technology. I have been a program manager lead for almost a decade now – and while I do still spend a lot of time working with technology – I spend more time working with people.
- Maintaining multiple blogs is hard. I have tried, from time to time, to start up separate blogs for different parts of my life. But maintaining a blog is a lot of work. Maintaining multiple blogs is just too much work for me.
- Virtual PC Guy has a very distinctive style. Over the years I have toyed with the idea of switching up the style of Virtual PC Guy – but I have never been able to bring myself to do it.
For all these reasons – I have decided that the best thing to do would be to archive Virtual PC Guy (I have posts that are 10 years old and are still helping people out!) and to start a new blog.
On my new blog – I will still talk about Technology – but I will also spend time talking about working with customers, working with people in a corporate environment, and about whatever hobbies I happen to be spending my time on.
I hope you come and join me on my new blog!
This post first appeared on MSDN Blogs | Get The Latest Information, Insights, Announcements, And News From Microsoft Experts And Developers In The MSDN Blogs., please read the originial post: here