Here are top stories we found in our streams this week related to DevOps, VSTS, TFS and other interesting topics.
- SpecFlow VSTS Build pipeline with SpecRunner for BDD Style Automated Gherkin Functional Tests - Tarun Arora
I’ll show you how to create an automated build pipeline for SpecFlow with VSTS using SpecRunner to execute your automated BDD functional tests written using Gherkin syntax. We won’t stop just here…
- Join me at VSLive in Orlando! - Esteban Garcia
This November, I will be back at Live! 360 in Orlando. The conference runs from November 12th through November 17th at the Royal Pacific Resort.
- Application configuration settings guidelines and practices - Clemens Reijnen
Handling configuration settings for environments/ development stages is not always easy and straight forward.
- End to End Walkthrough: Deploying Web Applications Using Team Build and Release Management - Colin Dembovsky
I’m going to do a complete end-to-end walkthrough of deploying web applications using Team Build and Release Management. I’ll be including handling configs – arguably the hardest part of the whole process.
- Automated User Acceptance Testing – An Oxymoron? - Dave Corbin
By definition a “Go play with X, and let me know what you think” is something that must be done directly by a human, and can not be automated.
- What’s brewing in Visual Studio Team Services: August 2017 Digest - Buck Hodges
This post series provides the latest updates and news for Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and is a great way for Azure users to keep up-to-date with new features being released every three weeks.
- Deprecating our Folder Management extension - ALM Rangers
It’s a little sad to see our top performing extension make an exit, but it was a great gap filler, and will continue to serve as a great sample for building extensions.
- TFS 2018 RC1 is available – Brian Harry
Team Foundation Server 2018 RC1 is now available for download. This is the first available build for what we have been calling TFS V.next. And, as you can tell from the title of this post, the official name will be TFS 2018.
- Microsoft just made it easier for programmers to use archrival Amazon's cloud – CNBC
Amazon and Microsoft, two archrivals in cloud computing and stiff competitors for Seattle-area tech talent, are cooperating a lot more.
- Azure Media Indexer automatically creates transcripts for your media - with Adarsh Solanki
Scott talks to Adarsh Solanki about an amazing Azure Media Services feature - Azure Media Indexer! Azure Media Indexer will automatically create standard-format transcript from your audio or video files!
- Mobile work item form general availability - vstssprints 118
The mobile experience for work items in Visual Studio Team Services is now out of preview! We have a full end-to-end experience that includes an optimized look and feel for work items and provides an easy way to interact with items that are assigned to you, that you’re following, or that
TIP: If you want to get your VSTS news in audio form then be sure to subscribe to RadioTFS .
What do you think? How could we do this series better?
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Use the #VSTS hashtag if you have articles you would like to see included
This post first appeared on MSDN Blogs | Get The Latest Information, Insights, Announcements, And News From Microsoft Experts And Developers In The MSDN Blogs., please read the originial post: here