Need to Migrate Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook Email ClientThere must be some reason behind NSF to Outlook PST file Migration and all of them are discussed below:
- Lotus Notes Application Not Available: If a user is having an orphan NSF file, then it becomes very difficult to open it without having Lotus Notes application installed on the system.
- Change in Email Client Platform: If an organization switches from IBM Notes to MS Outlook due to any reason, then to access the old emails, one needs to convert lotus Notes .nsf to PST format.
- Easy Data Migration: Microsoft Outlook is more user-friendly and offers an easy exchange of information through emails compared to Lotus Notes.
- Highly Expensive: As Lotus Notes provides very high level of security to its users, so it is quite expensive for use. Moreover, its maintenance cost is also very high due to which users want to migrate from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook.
How to Import Lotus Notes .nsf to Outlook Email Client?A user can convert NSF to PST file format with the help of both manual solution and automated solution. Therefore, we have discussed both of them to make it for the user to choose between them wisely.
Manual Method to Import NSF to Outlook Email ClientThere is no direct method available to export NSF files to PST format. First, a user needs to export NSF emails to a specific location and then import it to MS Outlook application.
Export Lotus Notes NSF Emails
- First of all, open IBM Notes application on your system
- Click on the Open tab to choose the NSF file that you need to export and then, click on Open button to select it
- Now, click on the File tab and choose an Export option
- An Export wizard window will appear. Here, you can choose the destination location to save the file
- After that, from the drop-down list, choose Comma Separated Value option as Save as type. In the CSV Export window, you can specify the amount of data that is to be exported and then, click on OK button
After following the all above steps, NSF file data is successfully exported to CSV file format. Now, a user needs to import this CSV file into MS Outlook application.
Import Lotus Notes .nsf to Outlook Email Client
- First of all, you need to open MS Outlook application on the local machine
- After that, navigate to File >> Open >> Import and Export option
- An Import and Export Wizard will appear. Now, you need to choose the Import from another program or file option and click on Next to continue
- Now, select the file type that want to export, i.e. Comma Separated Values (Windows)
- Then, select the file that need to be imported to Lotus Notes by clicking on Browse button
- After that, click on Next button and wait for the import process to complete successfully.