Are you facing malware issue or your Wordpress website hacked and you want to reinstall WordPress then here we share simple guide about how you can clean your website from malware or clean hacked content / link from your website. In most cases website hacked due to low protection, also if you are using nulled plugins and nulled themes then surely your website is at high risk, one more issue i see is many people don’t want to upgrade WordPress to latest version. So please don’t installed nulled plugins or themes before checking. But if you still want to use nulled then please install this plugin for checking nulled theme or use this Antivirus Plugin.
My English isn’t good but i’m trying to tell you simple ways to clean your website from malware or from injection. And you’ll see many grammar mistakes, so please if you find any mistake kindly please comment with correct sentence so i can change it.
Now come on to the topic. First of all you must have to create Backup of your website and download it to your PC / Laptop. For backup you can find many plugins like BackupBuddy.
How To Recover A Hacked Website Steps:
Method 1. Clean Hacked Website By Reinstalling WordPress:
- First of all you have to download the latest version of wordpress.
- You can directly upload zip file to public_html folder and then you can extract the file but before extracting open wp-config.php file and copy your database,username and password.
- You can extract the file to your local folder and then you can transfer the files using FTP to your public_html folder, and if your domain is addon then you can upload to sub-directory. Make sure you are uploading the data to right directory.
- When uploading done, you have to edit wp-config-sample.php file and fill database name, database username and password and save it. Now rename wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php.
- Now copy uploads folder from old backup and paste it to new installation directory, uploads folder available in public_html/wp-content/uploads. And if you want to restore your theme you can do the same copy theme from backup and paste it to public_html/wp-content/themes/
Method 2. Completely Clean Your WordPress Website ( You’ll lost your account here because of new fresh installation ):
- Create backup and download it to your local folder.
- Login to website and now go to Tools and click on export choose All Content, you’ll get .xml backup file save it to your drive.
- Now remove all data from public_html folder and upload the fresh wordpress installation files.
- Now install the wordpress. ( Create New database, database username)
- When all done, now copy uploads from backup and upload it to public_html/wp-content/
Please If you find any grammar mistake, please post a comment with correction. And also if you need help you can post comment i’ll try to help you in solving your issue.
See Also: Pokemon GO Best Android Game Of 2016