On demand Testing is a relatively newer technology delivery model which makes it possible to package application testing offerings and the infrastructure required on a pay per use model. This is a better way to utilize testing services with faster provisioning of services and reduced cost outlay for organizations to fulfill their occasional testing needs.
The key benefits include:
- Cost optimization: This remains the biggest benefit for moving on to on-demand testing. Mostly it is based on result driven model instead of effort driven hence providing the end user with a fair idea of potential expenses as well as saving the client from the capital outlay for the testing infrastructure. Also since the entire testing happens at the service provider end, the client can free up internal resources for other activities.
- On demand testing is the perfect solution for load and performance testing initiatives which require test environments and applications of different magnitude and at times real life test cases. This includes test cases which require thousands of users spread across geographies and which is not very easy to simulate without a considerable capital outlay.
- Software product companies benefit from scalable provisioning resulting in drastic reduction in provisioning time fulfilling sporadic testing demands easily
- With ready availability of testing environment software product companies can optimize testing cycles and reduce time to market for their products and services
- Technology setup and infrastructure requirements are nullified for testing needs for companies resulting in improved agility and business responsiveness in a competitive market.
The post Benefits of Testing as a Service appeared first on Interrait.