We live in a world where customers want brands to anticipate and meet their needs 24/7. When improving customer relations, we think of the state of the art customer services, compassionate staff, and high-end products. However, customer relations go way beyond this point. Making customers happy is not an easy task especially when it comes to create or retain the old or regular customers.
What Does Customer Engagement Mean?
Customer Engagement is a process of getting in touch with customers by using various communication channels of correspondence such as email, click-through rate, online reactions, feedbacks, etc. This connection is very important to keep customers engaged with your brand. Loyal and engaged customers buy more and promote more and enhance the brand’s growth. Most Businesses believes in creating reputation through customer engagement policy instead of revenue extraction.
How to measure Customer Engagement
The customer engagement index reveals how customers interact with the brand and how engaged they are with the company. There are few metrics based on customer’s activities like
- TimeLine : This metric means How Long a customer is on your website. More the duration better the results and it can only be achievable when website is attractive, functional and products listed have visual appeal.
- Visit Frequency : This metric meanshow frequently visitor visits your website.For eg. How often your customers make a purchase at your store, What is the Average Order Value. More engagement means more customer satisfaction.
- Actions : The metrics are based on customer’s activities and how many times they have used
If the number is higher, it shows how engaged and happy customers are. The customer engagement index is the best tool that can predict customer satisfaction scores. It can also help you to identify:
- Customers in trials who are ready to make a purchase
- Customers who are about to churn
- Customers who are ready to up-sell or cross-sell
Why Should We Listen To Our Customers?
Customers are your brand ambassadors. Listening to customers is not just about connecting with them, but it also involves paying attention to their needs and meeting their expectations. Let’s see below why it is important to listen to our customers;
- It reduces customer churn rate
- It improves customer loyalty
- Customers can help you to improve
- It gains new customers and retains the existing customers
- It wins customer’s hearts
- Customers are the most genuine feedback providers
- It gives a sense of belongingness to customers
Who Your Customers Are?
It seems like a simple question but to recognize who your real customers are is a tricky job. It is just like the opening of the film, you start, you try to know and then you expand. Research is the key to success. Only research can help you to know who your real customers are. For this, you have to target the market you are selling in. you can start by:
- Defining the market
- Gather and interpret information
- Decide your marketing strategies
Customer Engagement Is Important To Customer Growth
Effective customer engagement guarantees customer growth and strengthens the relationship with the customers. This is how you demonstrate your attachment with customers and make them feel a vital part of your economic growth.
Implementing Customer Engagement Model
The customer engagement model is a plan which contains the needs and interests of the client. The purpose of this model is to help a brand understand the stimulant that has driven the customers to your brand to make a Purchase. It also shows how companies manage customer relationships thought their journey.
Once you have understood the importance of customer engagement, you can start thinking of ways to improve it!
- Introduce Loyalty Programs
- Award Points for Purchases Made
- Social Engagement
- Refer and Earn
Good Examples of Customer Engagement
Polaroid Originals reward customers every time they purchase so that they can make a future purchase.
Netflix keeps a record of customer’s feedback and displays a playlist tailored specially for that person which ultimately leads them to continue their membership.
In today’s flooded market where customers have countless options to make a purchase, it is indeed very important to focus on customer engagement plans. It is the best way to foster customer relationships or branding of the business. No online business can survive without a perfect customer engagement plan.
The post Customer Engagements – For eCommerce Business appeared first on MoreCustomersApp.