IT Audit for BPO covers a wide range of IT processing and communication infrastructure including web services, software applications, Security systems, operating systems and client-server networks and systems.
In today’s pandemic situation, most companies (from startups to business conglomerates) face a good number of Cyber threats every second. According to hg.org, hackers will often use cyberattacks on smaller businesses or BPOs because there is less sophistication in the IT security of the company and computer system along with greater ease for hackers to take information or financial resources.
This year, till August, India faced nearly 7 lakh cyber attacks, as per the data compiled by the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In)
Cyber Security Attack Statistics:
Studies show, SMBs and BPOs which tend to spend less on information security were at a higher Risk of being hit by ransomware than their larger counterparts.
- 43 percent of cyber attacks target small business.
- Only 14 percent of small businesses rate their ability to mitigate cyber risks, vulnerabilities and attacks as highly effective.
- 60 percent of small companies go out of business within six months of a cyber attack.
- 48 percent of data security breaches are caused by acts of malicious intent. Human error or system failure account for the rest.
For any organization to survive and compete with other businesses, they need to invest in what is called “Information Technology (IT)”, which ensures data availability, integrity, and confidentiality. However, with the increase of internal and external threats, the IT system of a business could be exposed to potential risks. This is one of the main reasons why people invest in IT auditing services.
Benefits of IT Auditing:
- Reduces Risks Related to IT: IT auditing is that it can handle the risks related to availability, integrity and confidentiality of information technology processes and infrastructure. It can also improve the reliability, effectiveness and efficiency of IT systems by covering a wide-range of threats by regular identification and assessment of risks in an organisation.
- Improves Security of Data: IT assess on what course of action to take to eliminate, reduce, or simply accept those risks as part of the operating environment through the use of IT audit controls and it gives organisations the opportunity to redesign or strengthen poorly designed or ineffective controls, thus leading to improved security of IT data.
- Enhances IT Governance: IT auditing serves a critical function in ensuring all your business’ laws, regulations and compliances are met by all employees and of course the IT department as well. This in turn improves IT governance, as the overall IT management has a strong understanding of the controls, risks and value of an organisation’s technological environment.
To know more about how you can review & secure your IT Investment talk to an expert now
The post IT Audit – A step towards trouble-free IT workplace appeared first on InKnowTech.
This post first appeared on A New Philosophy In IT Management To The Digital Enterprise, please read the originial post: here