Get to know the new functionalities and enhancements that have been officially released in April 2020
ARIS 10 SR12 release
The new ARIS 10 SR12 release is based on a new simplified product structure with three main products: Elements, Advanced and Enterprise. Along with these we also have new user types: Designer, Viewer, Viewer Pro and Admin. These extensions can be added: SAP® Solution, Process Mining, Risk & Compliance, Simulation, Robotic Process Automation, SharePoint Integration, Premium Document Storage and 3rd party Integration.
Of course, the new SR12 also includes new features:
- New onboarding support for ARIS Elements
- New landing page and app launcher for ARIS Advanced
- Support of Microsoft® Azure® for private cloud deployments
- Easy content capturing from everywhere
- Relationship Management (Satellite Modeling)
- Extensions for Process Mining and SAP® Solution
- Improved confirmation management
- And many others
Please visit ariscloud.com for a product overview, a feature comparison and easy free trial access.
Where to find more information:
ARIS 10 SR 12 features presentation (Links: Uberflip, Partner Business Portal)
ARIS 10 SR 12 features fact sheet (Links: Uberflip, Partner Business Portal)
Adabas & Natural April 2020 Release
The April 2020 release for Adabas & Natural features new innovations to support the Adabas & Natural 2050+ Agenda - to modernize and optimize your high-performing applications. Of special note, we are proud to introduce Adabas Encryption for Linux, a new product designed to help you secure your Adabas data-in-motion.
New innovations for this release of Adabas & Natural include:
- Enhanced security for Adabas Mainframe through file grouping
- Improved load balancing for mainframes with Adabas Directory Services
- New browser access to display and modify Entire Net-Work mainframe parameters
- Ability to secure your data-in-motion when using Entire Net-Work on LUW
- Encryption to secure your data-in-motion when accessing Adabas on Linux
Find more information:
- Adabas & Natural Feature Highlights Release April 2020
- View detailed Release Notes for respective products:
TECHcommunity Documentation (requires login to TECHcommunity)
Alfabet 10.6 release
As companies transform to agile, digital players, enterprise architecture (EA) and IT portfolio management (ITPM) practices become more central in getting digital solutions to market. Ideally and uniquely endowed with information that is integral and elemental to digital delivery, EA and ITPM unites the functionally distributed organization into an effectively operating whole for digital success. Alfabet 10.6 extends its Agile capabilities to MS Azure DevOps to keep CICD activities aligned with business and IT strategy. Information flows now illuminate the associated technical services in their make-up, logic and sequencing to reflecting the dramatic increase of use of APIs in a digitally integrated world. Find weak links in value streams with new value stream analysis capabilities. Alfabet 10.6 also increases user productivity with automatic notification of completed processing and enhances UX with new design and styling features for a more attractive, meaningful and relatable UI.
- UI/UX Design, Styling and Feature Enhancements
- Visible Response Notification
- Value Stream Assessment
- MS Azure Integration
- API-enriched Information Flows
Where to find more information:
- for customers
- for partners
Cumulocity IoT Core Platform 10.6.0
- IoT Kernel includes updates and enhancements to MQTT that provide better documentation, performance and stability.
- Device Connectivity and Management incorporates further improvements to OPC-UA integration including extended configuration for subscription parameters and notification buffer size, several performance improvements as well as improved logging for auto device discovery.
- Korean and Polish translations for the Cumulocity IoT UIs are now available.
- SMS77.io can now be configured as SMS gateway in the Administration Application.
Release Notes are available at: https://cumulocity.com/guides/release-notes/overview
Cumulocity IoT Edge 10.6.0
- Cumulocity IoT Microservice hosting allows you to extend the Cumulocity IoT Edge platform with customer-specific functionality. Build and host Docker applications on Edge and benefit from the web-based container life-cycle management including user specific access rights to microservices with integration to RBAC. Use the Cumulocity IoT Microservice SDK to build your own custom microservices (see https://cumulocity.com/guides/microservice-sdk/java/). Note: Microservice Hosting on Edge is an optional add-on, which can be activated during the installation.
- Edge remote device management has been enhanced and now also supports building up a secure VNC connection to Edge from another Cumulocity IoT Tenant. You can establish a remote SSH or VNC connection to Cumulocity IoT Edge nodes in protected networks. The only required communication channel is outbound connection through HTTPS to the Cumulocity IoT server (public cloud or on-prem) and this requires minimal data usage, as no VPN connection with communication overhead is required. Note: This feature requires a subscription of the cloud remote access feature on your Cumulocity IoT tenant. (cloud or on-premises) .
- All new OPC-UA 2.0 capabilities are included by default and the OPC-UA gateway comes pre-bundled within the Edge VM.
Release Notes are available at: https://cumulocity.com/guides/edge/edge-release-notes/
Cumulocity IoT Streaming Analytics 10.6.0
Cumulocity IoT Streaming Analytics provides streaming analytics and intelligent automated actions on fast-moving big data to the Cumulocity IoT platform.
- Analytics Builder has a "Machine Learning" analytics block that can be used to execute Cumulocity IoT Machine Learning models in real-time with streaming data as part of simple or complex Analytics Builder models.
- Analytics Builder has a "Counter" analytics block for tracking total inputs and repeated inputs.
- Usability improvements to the Cumulocity IoT transport to help EPL developers 1) identify tenant options, 2) identify details and roles either of the user or the microservice service user, 3) split Measurement events into individual fragments and series for better performance when filtering on incoming events and 4) receive a response when creating or updating predefined types (Alarm, Operation, Event, Measurement, MeasurementFragment and ManagedObject).
Release Notes are available at: https://cumulocity.com/guides/apama/apama-release-notes/
Apama-specific release notes are available at: http://documentation.softwareag.com/apama/index.htm
Cumulocity IoT Machine Learning 10.6.0
Cumulocity IoT Machine Learning provides enterprises a seamlessly integrated experience for developing IoT machine learning use cases such as predictive maintenance, anomaly detection, demand forecasting etc. The product is based on machine learning standards such as Predictive Model Markup Language (PMML) and Open Neural Network Exchange (ONNX).
- "Machine Learning" replaces the previously named "Predictive Analytics" in Cumulocity IoT.
- Available as an add-on for Cumulocity IoT Edge standalone or connected versions.
- Open Neural Network Exchange (ONNX), representing Deep Learning models, is supported.
- Time series forecasting enhancements include support for multi-variate State Space Models.
- Multiple models can be grouped supporting a Champion/Challenger strategy to identify the best performing model in production.
- Job scheduling includes pagination to improve performance.
- Open Source releases of R-PMML 2.3.0 and Nyoka 4.2.0 support State Space Models for Time Series data.
Release Notes are available at: https://cumulocity.com/guides/machine-learning/release-notes/
Cumulocity IoT DataHub 10.6.0
Cumulocity IoT DataHub is an analytical extension for Cumulocity IoT, focused on enabling historical storage and analysis of IoT data.
- Available as an optional add-on for Cumulocity IoT Edge standalone or connected versions.
Software AG Cloud
We are pleased to announce a new version of Software AG Cloud. Since February 2020, the following new capabilities have been added:
- Support for webMethods Cloud Container free trials and subscriptions.
- Environment names can now be up to 20 characters, up from a limit of 15.
- Ability to link two or more existing environments into the same account so you can switch between them and even share a common user registry.
- Support for webMethods.io Integration in Azure’s Australia East region.
Feel free to email [email protected] with questions about Software AG Cloud, extending your free trial or accessing new functionality.
On October 1st , 2019 Software AG officially announced the availability of webMethods.io B2B, the latest addition to the company’s industry-leading B2B Integration portfolio.
The April, 2020 update to this fully hosted, SaaS-based B2B Integration solution focuses on usability and enriched functionality, including:
- Fully customizable XML Document Support. Extract and build from an existing schema. Includes a robust testing tool.
- Creating custom document attributes that can be utilized within processing rules to enable smart business decision making.
- End to End monitoring to trace data integrations across the iPaaS suite.
- Extended field support for trading partners.
- User and Role based access to enhance platform security.
- A complete deployment system to move, update, delete assets across registered environments with extensive logging.
- Data purging based on customized schedule.
- UN/EDIFACT 93A support.
All these new features and other additions are there to explore. Please visit B2B in the Cloud under ‘Insights & Innovation’ on the Software AG website.
On April 14 , 2019 Software AG officially announced the availability of webMethods AppMesh, the latest addition to the company’s industry-leading API Management portfolio.
webMethods AppMesh adds application context to service mesh, providing better agility, management and governance of microservices as business apps. It has the following features:
- Custom Access Protection – Protect microservices and reduce risk of exposure with advanced user identification and security policies
- Sophisticated policy-based control –Control how your app is responding with a range of policies from intelligent routing to data transformation to conditional logic that can be applied at runtime with no change to underlying services
- Traffic Monitoring and Control – Throttle traffic with policies to manage the load on provider services. Apply limits to service invocations during a specific time interval for identified clients, and log all traffic requests and responses for analysis
- Plug in to the Service Mesh – webMethods AppMesh is pre-integrated with industry-standard service meshes. Completely non-intrusive, it has no effect on service mesh behavior and comes in a small footprint for fast startup
- Dashboard for Service Visibility – Trace the path a transaction takes through your service mesh and understand how your app is being used with the AppMesh dashboard, filtered to include only the services in your application
- Add and Remove Services from the webMethods AppMesh – Add new services and if desired, automatically inherit the policies assigned to all other services in your app. Bring new capabilities online with no downtime
- Automatically Expose API Interface – webMethods AppMesh makes an API signature available for every service in the mesh, enabling reuse across the service landscape. In addition, these APIs can now be managed and governed with an end-to-end API lifecycle management platform
Learn more by visiting webMethods AppMesh under ‘Products->API Management’ on the Software AG website.