Yahoo mail is one of the widely used email clients. It was introduced in the year 1997 and became the third-largest email platform with more than 200 million users. But with the advancement in technologies and the technological trends, the user started facing problems while logging in. Users have started moving to other email clients such as Outlook. But migration from Yahoo mail to Outlook is not an easy task. We need a guide. So here in this article, we will focus on methods that help us to migrate from Yahoo to Outlook.
Reasons for users to migrate from Yahoo to Outlook:
Before moving ahead, we should understand the reason for migration and why users choose Outlook over Yahoo Mail. Some of the primary reasons are below:
- Outlook enables users to send personal documents with attachment up to 20 MB.
- Users can alter the size of pictures and images contained in the attachments.
- All the particular pieces of information are there, both the received and sent emails.
- Users can archive relevant emails and data and can also change the color of the flags.
- Users get advanced or enhanced security features.
- Enables users to avoid spam mails or messages.
- It has an easily understandable and interactive GUI.
- The Outlook also helps its users to schedule their tasks and manage easily according to the days, weeks, months, years.
Manual Method to export Yahoo Emails to Outlook:
Manual methods to move from yahoo Email to Outlook are listed below:
Step 1. POP and IMAP on yahoo:
To access yahoo mail on the non-yahoo apps and devices, the POP and IMAP required to be enabled. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to your yahoo account by signing in with your yahoo mail id.
- Now access your account profile and select account info.
- Go to the account setting and enable Allow apps that use less secure sign-in.
Step 2. Generate Password :
After the account is enabled for the two-way authentication, you have to create a new password to sign-in. Two-way authentication is a way to verify that the user is a specified user or not. Follow these steps:
- Access the account settings and click on the Generate App Password.
- Choose Outlook in the drop-down menu and click on the Generate option.
- After generating the password, copy the password and paste on the Outlook account.
Step 3. Import Yahoo mail to Outlook 2016/2019:
The process to import yahoo mail to Outlook 2016 and 2019 are the same. Follow the below-listed steps to add yahoo mails to Outlook 2016/2019:
- Access the Outlook and navigate the file menu and go to Info and hit on Add Account.
- Enter your Yahoo account and hit on connect.
- Provide the password and again click on connect.
- After this, your account is finally added to the Outlook, and you can open your yahoo mails in the Outlook.
If you face any problem while connecting, then you should try to connect manually. In the manual technique, you have to reference the incoming and outgoing email servers along with the port numbers.
After you enter the yahoo email address, you have to see the option “Let me set up my account manually.” And Hit on connect.
- Choose the IMAP from the displayed options.
- Provide the app password generated earlier and hit connect.
- If still, you face issues while connecting, then go to ‘change account setting option’.
After that on the IMAP account setting page, you have to provide the below-mentioned information in the same way:
- Incoming mail- imap.mail.yahoo.com; Port no-993.
- Encryption Method SSL/TLS.
- Outgoing mail- smtp.mail.yahoo.com with port no- 465.
- Encryption method- SSL/TLS.
Now go to Next.
- Again enter the password of Yahoo account and hit on connect.
- Finally, the account is connected. Press Done, and let’s begin working with a yahoo account in Outlook.
Drawbacks of Using Manual Methods:
The manual method is good to go, but generally, you have to face a lot of consequences. Some of the common consequences faced are as mentioned below:
- Lengthy and Time-consuming.
- This is a complex process with a number of steps to perform.
- The novice user can not use this method properly.
- Data alteration and loss is a major issue that you can face.
Automated methods to Import Yahoo mail to Outlook 2016
Automated methods involve the use of third party solutions or software to ease the work. This method is in trends these days; several users are adopting this according to their requirements. Several Yahoo Email Migration Tool is available these days to serve the user’s needs. Hence, you can use this tool that I found suitable to export Yahoo Emails to Outlook is Yahoo Backup Tool by Sysinfo Tools.
Some key features of the tool that makes it the best and most absolute Tool are given below:
- You can easily backup Yahoo emails to the system and hard drives or even in USB cables.
- Enables users to save the yahoo mail to different formats such as- PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, CSV, TXT, and many other formats easily.
- Enables users to import the yahoo mails directly to the Thunderbird, Outlook, Office 365, Gmail, etc.
- It allows users to delete files after backups to save the server space.
- This tool has an intuitive and interactive GUI so that the novice user can also use this tool swiftly and reliably.
- The major relief that it provides to the user is that there is no any data-loss and alteration.
Here in this article, we have discussed both the manual as well as an automated solution to how to export yahoo email to PST or Outlook. The manual method is good to go as you don’t need to pay any amount further but has some drawbacks. Whereas the automated method eases your work and prevents you from being vulnerable to the drawbacks of manual methods. This is completely your choice to opt for any of the methods that suit best to your requirements.
You can also read:
How to archive yahoo mail to Hard drive/Flash Drive/External Drive?
The post How to Import Yahoo Mail to Outlook? appeared first on File Recovery Tips.
This post first appeared on Resolve MS Outlook Error 0x80004005 In Outlook 2016/2019 On Your Own!! Easy, please read the originial post: here