We live in a world where Social Media apps are gaining popularity at a substantial rate. Every day we witness a brand to develop a new strategy to create more business from these platforms. Even if we have a fair share of social media applications there is still a huge demand in the market to create something extraordinary. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc all are great examples for the same.
In its initial days, many use to think of it as a communication platform. But, in less than a decade, it became a platform for brands and stores to get a better reach. Now, it not only delivers users with an opportunity to connect globally, it also helps businesses to boost the visibility of the brand. Yes, and that is the reason why entrepreneurs from all over the world are working to compete with an exceptional idea.
Are you thinking about it too???
If yes, then in this blog you will find a classic technique to create the same. All you have to do is sit back and go through this blog thoroughly. So let us begin.
What exactly is a social media app?
Let us cut out all the complications and understand them in a simplistic way. Social media applications are the digital platforms that help people from all around the world to communicate through the sharing of content. It is a one-stop destination for people looking to connect with their family and friends. Its reach is so massive that one ends up finding a valuable connection.
These platforms allow users to share pictures, videos, thoughts, or any creative talent they have. And if one prefers to connect with people professionally, then there are separate portals for that purpose too. Social media has been able to successfully bridge the gap between individuals from different ends of the different countries. Now, brands too are making the most of this fact, to upheave their process and represent themselves globally.
Popular Types Of Social Media App You Can Create
Social media is a single concept that spread its branches into multiple domains for a variety of use. If you want to develop an app, you can choose a single type and move ahead with the process. Here is the complete list for your consideration and we have also provided you with the respective examples.
1. Video sharing- YouTube, Facebook Live, Periscope, Vimeo, TikTok
2. Social networking- Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+
3. Microblogging- Twitter, Tumblr
4. Photo sharing- Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest
How Users Can Benefit From Your Social Media App?
These are majorly two types of users- people who download the app for their personal use, and the business who would download the application to reach the customers. Before initiating the development, it is crucial for you to know what kind of advantages are in store for your users from both categories. To help you understand the same, here are a few-
1. Help businesses grow their sales and fanbase.
2. Businesses can use customer-generated content for ads.
3. Brands can boost performance by closely operating with their loyal users.
4. Companies can fetch better target net-new and returning customers.
5. Unnecessary expenditure on marketing can be reduced with effective SEO.
6. Brands can conduct the A/B test on the fly with platform analytics to determine better strategy.
7. Brand's visibility can sky-rocket with high use of quality content.
8. Better audience search.
9. More engagement with the target segment.
10. Expanding web traffic.
1. Can connect with friends and family.
2. Platform allows one to connect with new people.
3. They can share pictures and videos or any other creative or professional content.
4. Get to know about global and national news.
5. Can get their hands on the trending issues.
Must-Have Features Of A Social Media App
1. Simple and quick login and registration
2. Simple UI
3. User Profile Customization
4. Easy Network Building
5. News Feed and Content Sharing
6. Private communication
7. In-App Chat and Calling
8. Better reach
9. Push Notifications
10. Privacy and Security
11. Live Video Streaming
In A Nutshell
These are all the must-have features and functionalities to create a social media app. Now you are well versed with all the concepts and factors related to its development. But there is still a lot more for you to understand. For example, finding the right idea and creating it for your end-users. To achieve your goal, it is necessary to get hold of the related technicalities. For people from a non-technical background, this process can be never-racking. But, it doesn't mean that you cannot reap the advantages.
Yes, even if you have no idea about mobile app development, you still can take your business to a digital platform!!!
Want to know how?
Well, all you have to do is reach out to a professionals brood ofAndroid and iOS developers, and collaborate with them to convert your dreams into reality. Finding the right team here is crucial for the success of your product as the competition is really high, and you cannot leave any stone unturned for success.
The era of technological advancements is upon us and it is pushing entrepreneurs to create for a global audience. So what are you waiting for? Grab this opportunity and get hold of your dreams. For more information related to the social media development process, feel free to reach out. But until then, stay tuned.