Sometimes OST file arises a corruption issue in which Outlook keeps asking to repair the OST file. The user has to face this error because of damaged Ost Files. So here we will discuss the reason behind the corruption of the OST file and its solution that can repair the OST files 2016 / 2013 / 2010 easily. So keep reading this blog until the end to fix the error Outlook keeps asking to repair OST file problem.
Offline Storage Table or OST files are the carbon copy of the user mailbox items saved on the Exchange server. Microsoft Outlook application saves the mailbox data on this OST file. The OST file allows its users to work offline i.e, users can even work in absence of internet connections.
Let’s begin with understanding the reason due to which users have to face outlook keeps prompting to run repair tool error.
Reasons for Corruption in OST File:
OST files get corrupted due to hardware and software failures. Users have to face such an error and due to these reasons, Outlook keeps asking to repair PST and OST files. Both the hardware and software reasons are mentioned below:-
- Failure of storage device: OST file gets corrupted when the folder where the OST File data is damaged.
- Failure of Network connection: Whenever there is connection loss during the synchronization process, the OST files get corrupted. Sometimes the error is faced when the router or any other device is not set up properly.
- Abrupt power loss issue: Sometimes when there is sudden power outages failure the OST Files get corrupt.
- Improper Outlook Termination: When the Outlook gets is not shut down or terminated properly then such errors arise.
- Malicious or Virus Attack: The most general reason for OST File corruption is a malicious virus attack. The virus enters the system via insecure websites, broken pen drives, and even due to the spam emails. Therefore It is always suggested for the Outlook user to install Antivirus software on the computer.
- Other Reasons: Sometimes due to the increased size limit of the mailbox of OST, Users have to face errors.
After we discussed the reasons that cause corruption in OST Files. Now let’s move toward the solution of the issues.
Note: The users can also use the Inbox Repair Tool to repair OST or PST files. But if your Outlook OST file is severely damaged then you can also ask for the help of professionals or automated solutions to resolve outlook keeps prompting to run repair tool issues.
Professional Solution to resolve the Outlook Keeps Asking to Repair OST issue:
If somehow your issue is not resolved with Scanpst.exe then you can go for the expert solutions. Professionals always suggest using a third-party tool to repair OST File as OST to PST Converter. To solve the Outlook Keeps asking to Repair OST File issue, users can export the OST Files to PST file format. This utility helps its users to access the corrupted OST Files with the MS Outlook. Users can also use this software to repair damaged OST files and export them into the required file formats such as PST, DBX, EML, MBOX, MSG, and Archive. This Exchange OST to PST Converter tool serves its users with exclusive features such as the ultra-fast speed of scanning, recovery, and conversion of OST files as compared to the other utilities. This tool has numerous exclusive features that make it an exclusive tool:-
- Exports mailbox along with its contents such as emails, journals, tasks, and to-dos from Exchange OST to PST.
- Move password encrypted OST file to PST format.
- Saves the offline storage table i.e, OST file into various file formats as Outlook PST, MSG, DBX, EML, MBOX & Archive.
- Repair the corrupted Exchange OST files reliably.
Here, in this write up we discussed reasons and an expert solution to the issue MS Outlook Keeps asking to Repair OST File. I hope this blog will be helpful to you for repairing such issues of OST Files and easily get rid of outlook keeps prompting to run repair tool message.
The post MS Outlook Keeps asking to Repair OST File – How to Resolve appeared first on Migrate Emails.