Solution for Error 0x800ccc1A:
It is common in MS Outlook to have errors. The Outlook is an email client application that is used for sending and receiving mailbox items from one recipient to another. It is totally normal for Outlook to work fine at first and showing the error at second. Sometimes, the user does not know what a certain error indicates. To rectify the error problem and solve it, we are going to explain one such Outlook error in this blog along with its how-to methods. Let’s take a look at the ways how to deal with error 0x800ccc1a in Outlook 2019/2016 and other outlook versions.
The statement user usually gets while receiving this error:
An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program. (Account: ‘xxx‘, POP3 Server: ‘xxx.xxx.xxx‘), Error Number: 0x800ccc1a”
Prior Indications of Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a
- Abrupt system crashes while searching for the error.
- The occurring error results in crashing of the window.
- Window runs slowly and takes more time to respond to the input command.
- The applications of the system stop responding.
- The Outlook displays the error every time while working on it.
How to Fix Error 0x800ccc1a in MS Outlook Manually?
Method 1: Reform Outlook
For Outlook version 2007
- Open the Microsoft Outlook on your local machine.
- In the Tools menu, go to Account Settings and hit Email Account option.
- In the Email Account window, choose an email and then hit Change.
- Next, go to More Settings and click Internet Mail Settings tab.
- In the Internet Email Settings pop-up window, hit the Advanced tab and remove the tick from the box near statement-“This server requires an encrypted connection(SSL)” in the Incoming server.
- Hit Ok -> Next -> Finish.
- Next, Close Outlook application and Restart it.
For Outlook version 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019
- Open MS Outlook in your system.
- In the File menu then select the Info tab.
- Next, go to Account Settings then hit Email Account.
- In the Email Account pop-up, choose the Email option and Hit on Change tab.
- Now, go to the More Settings tab then hit Internet Mail Settings tab.
- In the Internet Email Settings window, press Advanced tab and uncheck “This server requires an encrypted connection(SSL)” in the Incoming server
- Hit Ok, then click Next and hit Finish
- In end, hit Close tab, then restart the Outlook.
These above and below-mentioned are ways to fix error 0x800ccc1a Outlook 2016.
Method 2: Repairing PST file using Outlook inbuilt utility Scanpst.exe.
Go to the File Explorer and follow the path:
\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12 folder
- Next, hit utility Scanpst.exe and navigate the corrupt PST file.
- Select the PST file and hit Start to repairing the process to continue.
- Next, hit the Repair button to repair errors(if any).
- Wait for the process to complete.
Method 3: Run Windows System File Checker to scan the file for errors
- Go to the Start button and enter the Command prompt in the search bar.
- Press(CTRL+SHIFT) and hit Enter.
- In the dialogue box, click Yes.
- Next, a black window will appear on the screen with a cursor.
- Enter sfc/scannow, then hit Enter.
- Now, the System File Scanner will scan all the files.
After scanning the files, and rectifying the errors. Reboot Outlook, then it will work just fine (the scanner will also look for the error 0x800ccc1a).
Looking at the above how-to methods, they seem more time-consuming and lengthy. The standard approach can be messy if the user has no technical experience.
The commercial methods are advised by experts because they provide the most convenient solutions. One such utility built for this issue is Outlook PST Repair. The utility is helpful in these circumstances because the PST file format is compatible with the Outlook platform. One can repair the error 0x800ccc1a by simply clicking repair the PST file.
The utility aims in repairing a file of up to 80 Gb size, can convert the PST file into various file formats, recovers data from protected and unprotected PST files, etc.
Summing It Up:
The above manual instructions don’t provide satisfying results as they are not tested by experts. To solve Error 0x800ccc1a Outlook 2016, user must always take help of a recommended utility to repair existing issues with a PST file. I hope you find this tip helpful. Read here to troubleshoot another Outlook error 0x800ccc92 manually.
The post How to Resolve Error 0x800ccc1a in Outlook 2019, 2016 and Other Versions? appeared first on Migrate Emails.