With the IaaS market picking up momentum, Microsoft Azure has grown significantly across several verticals. Azure adoption and growth has opened up to create the same needs of an On-premises infrastructure, that is, the requirements for Azure security, Azure usage, Azure compliance auditing, Azure reporting and analytics across all Azure services.
According to Microsoft earnings report,
“Cloud services revenue increased $4.5 billion or 21%, driven by Azure and server products licensed on-premises revenue growth. Azure revenue grew 91%, due to higher infrastructure-as-a-service and platform-as-a-service consumption-based and per user-based services.”
From a management perspective the biggest challenges lie in Azure Visibility, Azure Security and Compliance. From a business perspective the challenges lie in managing Azure subscription costs across all Azure services and getting insights into how various Azure resources are being used on demand.
In order to address these Azure auditing and reporting challenges the most important requirement is to have a unified Azure reporting solution that can capture and report all aspects of the Azure IaaS. While Microsoft provides the best in class Azure resources for customers, it is the responsibility of the customer to determine what services and resources are required and how such resources are to be configured and used for specific business needs. And this is not an easy task, business requirements keep changing all the time and the IaaS usage has to evolve accordingly without costs spiraling out of control.
From an Azure administration perspective, the following important questions need to be answered:
- What Azure Services have been subscribed to? Do I have full Visibility into all such services showing all the Azure subscription details?
- Which departments and groups of users are using what Azure services?
- How have my Azure services been configured for use within the organization?
- Who are the admins who control these? What admin roles have been assigned?
- How secure are my Azure assets? Have the best practices in Azure Security been followed?
- How to manage compliance? Are all the important Azure activities been captured and retained for Compliance Audit?
- How to analyze configuration, security and usage across the entire Azure IaaS and how to capture all the necessary data for Analytics?
- What is the best way to get a comprehensive Documentation of Azure services from time to time in order to track all changes over a period of time?
Vyapin Admin Report Kit for Windows Enterprise provides you with many power packed features that give you complete visibility and control of your Azure environment and also allowing you to audit and report on your entire Azure resources.
List of comprehensive Azure resources information provided by Vyapin Azure Reporting Tool
- Azure Subscriptions Report
- Azure Resources List Report
- Azure Deployment List Report
- Azure Virtual Machines Report
- Azure Storage Accounts Report
- Azure Networking Report
- Azure Activity Logs Report
- Azure Access Control List Report
- Manage Virtual Machine in Azure
- Manage Access Control List in Azure
Download Vyapin Azure reporting tool now! – https://www.vyapin.com/download/arkwe
This post first appeared on SharePoint Migration & Office 365 Reporting Management Solutions, please read the originial post: here