About the Customer
The four key L&D initiatives are
1. Role-based training
2. Continuing education
3. Executive training
4. Certification – both external and internal certification programs
Challenge: Delivering Global Video-Learning with an Integrated Platform
Video-learning forms an important part of all the 4 initiatives. The L&D department was seeking a platform that would facilitate global video-based learning for its entire employee-base. It had to have the following characteristics:
1. Easy to create custom video-based learning content as per training requirements
2. Secure hosting and streaming of the video-learning content over the Internet; accessible anywhere, anytime
3. Sharing of the content with individuals or groups with enterprise-grade access control for Business Unit specific content and an interactive, collaborative learning experience
4. Viewership tracking, analytics and reporting on the content for formal learning delivery as cataloged video-learning courses
5. Integrate well with the enterprise application ecosystem and the existing L&D processes in the MNC
6. Robust platform that would scale seamlessly based on viewership patterns and the requirements of a growing organization.
kPoint for Video-Learning across the Enterprise: Solution and Benefits
Figure 1: How kPoint integrated into the enterprise L&D Ecosystem
The L&D department has successfully deployed and integrated kPoint to:
Record trainings as video kapsules: Technical trainings, soft-skills trainings, domain trainings, leadership skills and management trainings are recorded as multimedia kPoint kapsules. Video and content, fully searchable, easy to navigate and interactive.
Integrate kPoint with L&D systems and processes:
Single Sign-On integration (SSO) with the corporate directory for seamless access and automatic user provisioning and de-provisioning
Search integration with corporate intranet to allow kPoint kapsules to be found by employees easily when they are seeking information. The precise kapsule search allows the employees to seek within the kapsule to the relevant portions directly, saving time and increasing efficiency of knowledge retrieval.
Integration with L&D systems to support formal learning credits for the video-learning content, along with tracking of course completion. kPoint kapsules are available as courses in the MNC’s learning portals, which can be opted for by the employees as part of their annual training requirements.
Provide self-paced training for all employees: Online access to kapsules. View anywhere, anytime. View at your own pace. Repeat views for complex training.
Facilitate interactive and collaborative learning: Bookmarks, questions, tags, comments on kapsules allow employees to interact with expert trainers and also learn collaboratively.
Enable Business Units in delivering customer delight: Apart from global video-learning, kPoint is also being leveraged by business units in the MNC to capture tribal knowledge in their delivery organizations, resulting in improved productivity to their customers. The L&D department thus enables the BUs improve their bottom-line and contributes directly to the business goals of the MNC.
kPoint has been successfully integrated into the L&D processes and systems, as well as the enterprise ecosystem, making it the de-facto platform for video-learning at the IT services company. The kPoint roll-out by the L&D department is now also being leveraged by the Business Units for applications beyond the video-learning use case, resulting in enterprise-wide benefits of the solution.