What do Kayak, Uber, AirBnB, Match, OnePage, Dropbox and Google all have in common?
They all used business development partnership channels to grow their startups
You probably heard about their success stories and how they are worth millions, if not Billions of dollars today. They are called Unicorns.
Udemy Coupon : https://www.udemy.com/partners/?couponCode=InstructorFeedback0
BUT every single one of them grew because they looked beyond standard sales and marketing models and found Partnership opportunities others would had never imagined.
- Kayak integrated with USA Today to power their travel section
- Match[dot]com integrated with Yahoo to form the Yahoo Dating section.
- Airbnb partnered with Nest to help save energy
- Uber partnered with the National Association of the Deaf to cater to the needs of the hearing-challenged.
- Onepager partnered with domain registrar Namecheap to offer their services to their huge user base
- Google owes much of its early growth to channel partnerships with companies such as Yahoo and AOL. Today, it makes billions as a channel partner for thousands of smaller brands.
- Dropbox is huge because it was installed on every Samsung phone.
Even good old Hilton Hotels often books the majority of its rooms through channel partners like Expedia and Orbitz.