Huh? What is a Trading Robot?
A Trading Robot is a set of programming code that analyse and trade the market on its own. Trading Robots
allow you to trade the markets without human intervention!
What is MetaTrader 5 (MT5) and MQL5?
MetaTrader 5 is a software that allows us to build trading robots. It is the successor to Metatrader
4. MQL5 is the programming language we use in MT5. When MT5 was initially released in 2010, it was not very popular. However, recent updates to MT5 (changes to the hedging issue) has increased its popularity among traders and brokers.
MT5 may be the future, so let’s master this stuff now!
Some highlights of MT5 (aka benefits over MT4):
- Trade Stocks and Futures
- Multi-Currency/Product Backtesting (this opens up a wide range of strategy options!)
- Insanely Fast Optimisation times (1000X faster than MT4!)
- Backtesting on REAL tick data
- Automatic Walk-Forward Optimiser
- The MQL5 language is harder to pick up compared to MQL4. But once you get it, you can easily pick up other object-oriented languages like C++ and JAVA
- In the unlikely scenario where MetaQuotes discontinues MT4, we are screwed. Thus, it is good to have a backup plan (aka learn MT5)
Udemy Coupon : https://www.udemy.com/learn-mql5/?couponCode=LAUNCH01
This course teaches the knowledge required to effectively build trading robots using MT5 and MQL5.
You will be able to build advanced strategies that span across multiple financial products (Stocks, Futures, Forex and CFDs), condense Optimisation Times
from hours to minutes and increase your backtest accuracy by testing on real ticks.
So yea, these are massive improvements over MetaTrader 4! (It’s kinda a big deal)
We do NOT promise that you will strike it rich overnight. We do not make ridiculous claims (like those you see in newspapers and online ads) that you will make $3722 every night.
This course WILL, however, offer you the years of experience we have in building Robots. You will understand the pitfalls and keys to success to design great robots. You will avoid the hundreds of mistakes we made in our journey.