A New Year is here again and I know a few things for certain.
- I am another year older.
- I have collectively slept less this year than any other year in my adult life.
- This has been the best year of my entire existence.
While 2017 technically marked the second year of having our blog, we took a big break for a good portion of it.
After I made our Harry Potter Pregnancy Announcement (The Girl Who Must Be Named) for Roxy girl in October 2016, I took a 7-month break from the blog during the remainder of my pregnancy. I did not write a post again until June of 2017. While this break was necessary for both my mental and physical health, I would be lying if I didn’t say… I missed blogging immensely and couldn’t wait to get back to it asap! And get back to it we did!
The second half of 2017 was such a milestone for this blog and something that I am so proud of! So, I thought, what better than to take a look back at 2017 with a year-end recap of some of the great things worth celebrating!
OUR TOP 5 MOST READ POSTS OF 2017
5| PINEAPPLE OF OUR EYE | Pineapple Baby Shower
4| TODAY YOU QUIT YOUR JOB | A Letter to my Future Self
3| PLEASE GIVE ME MY BABIES BACK | Struggling with Post Partum Anxiety
2| HOW I TURNED MY BACK ON MY BABY | And Why It Was a Positive Thing
1| HELPING THE MINOR ACHES AND PAINS OF MOTHERHOOD WITH TYLENOL® PM | And a Simple No-Sew Lavender & Rice Heating Pad Tutorial
OTHER POSTS FROM 2017 THAT I PERSONALLY LOVED WRITING:
- LOVE IS PATIENT – Anytime I can write about our relationship as a couple, or just as a family in general, it is always a therapeutic experience. And to be completely honest, I just went back and reread this entire post, and I am SO glad I did. Because it gave me just the reminder I needed to stop and take a breath and be a little more patient with the most important people in my life!!
- THANKFUL FOR THAT THANKSGIVING DESSERT BAR – Cake. Need I say more? Haha! As many of you know, anytime I am baking and decorating desserts, I am in my happy place!! So getting to share one of my favorite dessert bars that I made this year was a big plus for me!
- MATCH WITHOUT BEING MATCHY – DRESSING FOR YOUR FAMILY PHOTOS | OUR FAMILY PHOTOS WITH J. LEIGH PHOTOGRAPHY AT GOUVEIA VINEYARDS IN WALLINGFORD CT – I got to share the most incredible pictures of our family taken by my talented friend Jacque. It was just a really great day and I am so thankful that we have the memories captured forever.
- THE HAPPY HOUSEGUEST | HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT WELCOME BASKET FOR YOUR HOUSEGUEST – I enjoyed this post immensely for a few reasons!! The main being, it was in preparation for my brother to visit us! And the second was because it was super cute haha!! (I’m a simple gal!)
MOMENTS THAT I AM PROUD OF FROM 2017
- Giving birth to our beautiful baby girl Roxy Cheryl Botts. I never knew how much love my heart was capable of holding until God gave us two perfect little people to love.
- Being chosen as a finalist in the 2017 The Special Event Design Challenge. This was such a special moment in my career as an event designer and I think it was a perfect way to start the year that turned out to be my last year with MC&A.
- Becoming a full time stay-at-home Mom. This was definitely one of the most difficult decisions that I have ever had to make in my adult life. But it turned out to be one of the best for myself and for my family.
- Expanding the blog and our Instagram account by partnering with some of our favorite big name companies to help provide for our family while sharing products that we really love!
- Keeping true to ourselves and continuing to work with our favorite small shops and local companies. This is so important to me because small shops often get pushed to the wayside because they don’t have the budget for advertising or their products cost a little more because they are not mass produced. It is imperative that we don’t let these companies become forgotten or obsolete!! It is the heart in handmade that really keeps this world going!!
GOALS THAT WE HAVE FOR 2018
- Spend more time at the beach with our babies. Being in the ocean is something that is incredibly therapeutic for me. So being away from it for as long as I have because of the two back to back pregnancies and little loves has been tough on my soul. Now that our Roxy girl is getting a bit older and will likely be walking soon, I plan to get us back down to the beach as much as possible!! With any luck our kids will love the ocean just as much as we do!!
- Do more family posts that include my husband. It definitely takes a little arm twisting, but having my husband involved in our adventures and our posts is so important to me. He is, afterall, the second half of this dynamic duo, and I want to get him out from behind the scenes!! This year, I will be making a conscious effort to find more collaborations that appeal to his interests!
- Work with more local companies (here in Hawaii as well as in Connecticut & Michigan.) As I mentioned above, we LOVE working with local companies and small shops. A big goal for 2018 is to really be on the lookout for more local companies that we can share with everyone. And since we are going to be taking a big trip this year and spending a month in Connecticut and a month in Michigan (something I feel may turn into a yearly endeavor!) I would like to include great local companies from both!!
YEAR END READER SURVEY
And now! Here is where you guys come in! We need your help!
Since the most important part of this blog is you, our readers, we want to know what you think!! Your likes and dislikes. What you want to see more or less of! Our goal is to bring you content that you love to see and that makes a connection! So if you have a minute to fill it out, it would mean the world to us!
This survey is completely anonymous and each question is optional. Answer as little or as much as you’d like. If you’re having trouble getting the survey to display, CLICK HERE to open it up in a new window.
Thank you SO MUCH and a Happy and Healthy 2018 to all!!
The post Aloha Botts & Tots Blog 2017 Year End Review + Reader Survey appeared first on Aloha Botts & Tots.
This post first appeared on Designer Vs. Amazon - Decor Look 4 Less - Bohemian Beach Bungalow, please read the originial post: here