As someone who uses Nicotine, you may be looking for an alternative to smoking, vaping, or other traditional tobacco products. Here at NIIN™, we’re committed to leading the path forward for a brighter, cleaner, and more sustainable future. We do that by offering 100% tobacco-free synthetic nicotine pouches.
Never tried a nicotine pouch before? We believe they are the future of the industry, which is why we’ve compiled this guide to help you learn all about them. Keep reading to learn what a nicotine pouch is and why you should choose our tobacco-free pouches.
What Are Nicotine Pouches?
First things first, let’s define exactly what a nicotine pouch is.
A nicotine pouch is an orally-used pouch that contains nicotine and other ingredients, including cellulose, salt, and vegetable glycerin. We’ll talk more about what’s contained in a nicotine pouch below.
Simply put, nicotine pouches are a smoke-free, vape-free, mess-free, and discreet way to get that nicotine buzz you crave. Using nicotine pouches are really easy.
Simply take a single pouch from the tin and place it between the gum and inner lip. As the nicotine begins to release, you’ll notice a warm, tingling sensation.
While most other nicotine pouch products are made with tobacco-derived nicotine, NIIN Zero Tobacco Nicotine Pouches are made with synthetic nicotine, which allows adults to enjoy nicotine without the carcinogenic properties of tobacco.
If nicotine pouches sound like a revolutionary way to consume nicotine, the rest of the country agrees with you. In 2020, sales for nicotine pouches were up 498%, while old favorites like moist snuff declined by 5.9%. It’s clear that nicotine pouches are the future of the industry.
What’s Inside a Nicotine Pouch?
While the ingredients in nicotine pouches will vary from brand to brand, most contain nicotine along with several other ingredients including cellulose, salt, and vegetable glycerin.
When you choose NIIN Primed Pouches™, you’ll enjoy high-quality ingredients for a superior experience.
All of our pouches are comprised of synthetic tobacco-free nicotine, meaning our nicotine isn’t sourced from any part of the tobacco plant. This is different from a lot of other brands that sometimes use tobacco stems or leaves during processing. In particular, we use TFN® Synthetic Nicotine, which is free of any tobacco-specific nitrosamines, which are thought to be the most carcinogenic component found in tobacco products.
For more information regarding the ingredients contained in our pouches and how they’re made, please check out our FAQs.
Advantages of Nicotine Pouches
Nicotine pouches have a ton of advantages over traditional tobacco products. Here are a few you can enjoy when you make the switch:
- Smoke-free: Smoke is another known factor for various cancer and lung issues. By going smoke-free, you can reduce your risk of harm.
- Spit-free: No one likes keeping their spit cup on them, especially when they’re out in public. Nicotine pouches help you avoid that, as you don’t have to spit out extra saliva.
- Mess-free: Traditional snuff and chew can make a mess if you’re not careful. Nicotine pouches are completely enclosed and allow simple, easy, mess-free usage.
- Non-combustible: You’ll never need to beg around for a lighter again. To use a nicotine pouch, all you need to do is insert it in your mouth.
- Discreet: No one needs to know you’re enjoying nicotine. The small pouch fits securely in your mouth so it can stay hidden.
- Convenient: At the end of the day, nicotine pouches are far more convenient than other types of nicotine products. Just put them in your mouth, and you’ll start feeling the effects in just a few moments.
Tobacco-Free Nicotine Pouches vs Tobacco-Derived Nicotine Pouches
As we mentioned above, our nicotine pouches use TFN® Synthetic Nicotine in place of tobacco-derived nicotine. This means there’s absolutely no tobacco involved in the creation of our product from start to finish. Tobacco-derived products, on the other hand, often contain residual impurities from the leaves and stems of the tobacco plant, as well as tobacco-specific nitrosamines (TSNAs) which are thought to be the most carcinogenic components found in tobacco products.
That’s why we’re dedicated to our tobacco-free mission. It’s time to move beyond the leaf to a brighter, better alternative.
How to Use Nicotine Pouches
Using NIIN Primed Pouches™ is simple. There’s no prep, as our pre-moistened technology ensures the nicotine is ready to be absorbed into your body.
When you’re ready to give one a try, just take a pouch out of the tin and put it between your gum and inner lip. Leave it in place for about 10 to 30 minutes to experience full effects.
Because we manufacture each pouch to have quick nicotine release, you’ll start feeling a warm, tingling sensation soon after. This means the pouch is working. When your buzz is gone, remove the pouch and dispose of it in the garbage.
Do Nicotine Pouches Expire?
Yes, nicotine pouches are a perishable good and will expire. The average shelf life of a can of NIIN pouches, as well as most other nicotine pouch products, is 12 months. For optimal shelf life, you should store your NIIN pouches in a cool area that is not in direct sunlight.
Where to Buy Nicotine Pouches
The nicotine pouch market is booming, meaning you can find them pretty much anywhere you’d typically shop for your favorite tobacco products. This includes convenience stores, grocery stores, and other physical locations.
It’s also possible to shop online for nicotine pouches. We recommend checking out the NIIN Primed Pouches™ online store to browse our five great flavors and see which one might be right for you.
Why Choose NIIN Zero Tobacco™ Nicotine Pouches
NIIN was founded on the principles of innovation and progress. In fact, the name “NIIN” actually stands for “Nicotine Innovated.”
As a forward-thinking company that aims to pave the future towards a world beyond the tobacco leaf, product differentiation wasn’t simply an option–it was essential.
While there is a wide variety of differences between NIIN Primed Pouches™ and other nicotine pouches, here are some of the key differences:
- NIIN Pouches are 100% Tobacco Free: Our nicotine pouches are made with Tobacco-Free Nicotine (TFN®). Most others are made with some form of generic, tobacco-derived nicotine. While further research is needed to evaluate the health impact of nicotine pouches, the absence of tobacco-specific nitrosamines (TSNAs), which are thought to be some of the most potent carcinogens found in tobacco, is certainly a step in the right direction
- NIIN Pouches are Primed or Pre-Moistened: While most other nicotine pouch brands offer dry portion pouches, NIIN Primed Pouches are moist-portioned pouches. While dry portion pouches rely on the saliva in the mouth to activate the release of nicotine, moist portion pouches are manufactured using pre-moistening technology, which allows for an almost instant release of nicotine.
- Long-Lasting, High-Quality Flavors: NIIN Pouches are available in 5 signature flavors, which were each carefully crafted to ensure maximum satisfaction: Citrus Chill, Cinnamon, Cool Mint, Spearmint, and Wintergreen. With even more flavors in the works, there’s a NIIN pouch flavor for every adult user.
- NIIN Pouches were Built for Optimal Mouth Comfort: In order to provide our adult users with optimal comfort and enjoyment, NIIN Pouches are slightly larger than most other pouches (measure 34mm in size) and are made with high-grade, soft feel material.
Thanks for reading our complete guide to nicotine pouches! We hope you enjoyed this article and that it helped to provide you with a better understanding of nicotine pouches. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to reach out to our team at [email protected]