There were speculations regarding the release of a new Submariner from the Crown King for 2020. However, most collectors may not have expected to see an increased 41mm case size for the iconic divers’ collection. But yet, the new Oyster Perpetual Watches are the most unexpected launch from Rolex in 2020.
In 2019, Rolex upgraded this collection by adding new colour options for dials. While Oyster Perpetual watches are usually among the last to get updates, most people did not have any expectations to see anything new in this entry-level collection.
Thus, the new Rolex Oyster Perpetual watches of 2020 were like a bolt from the blue. Rolex offered these new watches a larger case size and a range of different dial colours. Let’s explore more.
New Rolex Oyster Perpetual 2020 Watches with Coloured Dials
Rolex unveiled its new Oyster Perpetual watches, offering more colourful dial options like a bright blue and red grape. Interestingly, these vibrant dial colours reflect the aesthetic of the “Stella” dials of the 1970s.
- The brand made many brightly coloured dials for specific Datejust and Day-Date watches.
- These dials were created from multi-layered, lacquered enamel dipped in various atypical and vibrant colours.
- Rolex nicknamed it as “Stella Dials”, but it was not that desirable among collectors at the time.
However, the new bright dials of Oyster Perpetual 2020 watches are not the typical “Stella Dials”. But the name signifies the highly collectable, vibrantly coloured dials present on vintage Datejust and Day-Date models.
Moreover, Rolex offered the original Stella dials of the 1970s and 1980s to premium options within the brand’s listing. The new vibrantly coloured dials are fitted to most available and affordable Rolex watches.
New Rolex Oyster Perpetual 41
Previously, the 39mm was the biggest case size available in the Oyster Perpetual collection of the brand. However, Rolex introduced a brand new Oyster Perpetual 41 model, discontinuing the 39mm version.
- This means that the Rolex Oyster Perpetual watches will be now available in the most massive 41mm, 36mm, 34mm, 31mm and 28mm sizes.
- Moreover, a new-generation Calibre 3230 movement powers the new Rolex Oyster Perpetual 41 Reference 124300.
- This brand-new movement for 2020 is made of Rolex’s patented Chronergy escapement.
- It offers the precision of -2/+2 seconds per day and a power reserve up to 70hours.
New Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36 Watches
Another addition to the Oyster Perpetual collection for 2020 is a new generation of Oyster Perpetual 36mm timepieces.
The new Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36 Reference 126000 watch is also powered the brand-new proprietary Calibre 3230 movement.
Moreover, the new 36mm edition also comes with different dial colours.
Nonetheless, here is one last fascinating fact to note –
The new Oyster Perpetual watches of 41mm and 36mm house the new-generation Rolex’s patented Calibre 3230 movement. However, the other 34mm, 31mm and 28mm references are powered by the in-house Calibre 2232.
- The Calibre 3230 is fitted with a blue Parachrom hairspring and offers power reserve up to 70hours.
- On the contrary, the Calibre 2232 movement comes with a Syloxi hairspring, offering nearly 55hours power reserve.
However, both the Calibre 2232 and Calibre 3230 movements are new for this year from the brand.
Key Updates of the Rolex Oyster Perpetual Collection 2020
- Discontinuation of 39mm case size. Introduced a new 41mm version
- A new-generation of the Oyster Perpetual 36mm Reference 126000
- A new model of 28mm size introduced
- Discontinuation of 26mm model
- New vibrant dial colours
- A new-generation of the 31mm (Ref. 277200) and 34mm (Ref. 124200)
- Introduced the brand new Calibre 3230 and Calibre 2232 movement.
Want to sell your Rolex in London?
If you are looking to sell your Rolex watch in London, get in touch with us today. The Luxury Hut specialises in buying all Rolex watches for competitive prices.
Sell Rolex watches online or via appointment; the process is quick, secure and hassle-free.
Fill up our online form now and get a free accurate price quote shortly.
Rolex Announced Its New 2020 Watches
A Guide to New Rolex Sky-Dweller Watches for 2020
The post New Rolex Oyster Perpetual Watches for 2020 appeared first on Sell Rolex London.