Dr. Melanie Watkins (@MWatkinsMD) is a psychiatrist who emphasizes the importance of making Mental Health a priority by minimizing the mystery -- and sometimes the misery -- of mental illness and addiction treatment.
The Cheat Sheet:
- Maintaining mental health is as serious as maintaining physical health -- and there should be no shame in seeking help for either.
- What signs commonly signal a need to seek help from a mental health professional?
- Central nervous system depressants abused as an alternative to mental health maintenance usually exacerbate the symptoms of an illness rather than relieving them.
- What can we do to destigmatize the very act of seeking help from a mental health professional?
- What are the first steps we can take toward getting mental health treatment?
- And so much more...
Show notes at http://theartofcharm.com/podcast-episodes/dr-melanie-watkins-mental-Health-first-episode-511/
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dig the show, please subscribe in iTunes and write us a review! This is what helps us stand out from the crowd and help people find the credible advice they need.
Review the show in iTunes! We rely on it! http://www.theartofcharm.com/mobilereview