Jay Baer (@JayBaer), author of Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers, shows us why we should strive to understand our haters and communicate with them instead of getting defensive or -- worse -- ignoring them altogether.
"When you answer your critics in public, they never see it coming. You can blow their minds and steal their hearts." -Jay Baer
The Cheat Sheet:
- Customer retention should take precedence over acquiring new customers in any business, yet marketing budgets overwhelmingly exceed customer service budgets across all industries. Why?
- Thanks to social media, customer complaints are more public than ever. A smart company will see this as an opportunity for customer engagement and satisfaction rather than a setback.
- 80 percent of businesses say they deliver superior customer service. Eight percent of their customers agree.
- The Rule of Two: never interact with someone online more than twice. If they love you, there's no need to answer more than twice. If they hate you, there's no need to answer more than twice.
- Learn to harness The Hatrix and identify the two types of haters -- onstage haters and offstage haters -- and understand what they ultimately want (and how you can win them over).
- And so much more...
Show notes at http://theartofcharm.com/podcast-episodes/jay-baer-hug-your-haters-episode-491/
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dig the show, please subscribe in iTunes and write us a review! This is what helps us stand out from the crowd and help people find the credible advice they need.
Review the show in iTunes! We rely on it! http://www.theartofcharm.com/mobilereview