Gavin de Becker (@gavindebecker) is the the author of The Gift of Fear and Other Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence and the security pioneer who designed the MOSAIC Threat Assessment Systems used at the top levels of government. This is the second part of a two-part series (check out part one here).
The Cheat Sheet:
- Why is "no" the end of the discussion for a man, but the beginning of a negotiation for a woman in our culture?
- Understand why you should be wary of the unsolicited promise.
- Should we try to join our intuition to our intellect, or do the two work better on their own?
- Learn the difference between worry and fear -- why worrying is ultimately useless while fear can save your life.
- Try the Rule of Opposites exercise to calibrate your intuition in the moment.
- And so much more...
Casper makes hybrid mattresses that combine premium latex foam with memory foam -- and won't charge you an arm and a leg for them. Get $50 toward any mattress purchase here by using promo code AOC!
Wearing a stylish timepiece shouldn't break the bank. Art of Charm listeners can find out why MVMT is the fastest-growing watch company in the world for 15% off with free shipping and free returns here!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Now save a whopping 50% on new webhosting packages here with HostGator by using coupon code CHARM!
You know James Altucher -- he's been on The Art of Charm, and Jordan's been on his show. We share a lot of similar guests, but we ask different questions. Check out The James Altucher Show here!
Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
Show notes at http://theartofcharm.com/podcast-episodes/gavin-de-becker-gift-Fear-pt-2-episode-581
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dig the show, please subscribe in iTunes and write us a review! This is what helps us stand out from the crowd and help people find the credible advice they need.
Review the show in iTunes! We rely on it! http://www.theartofcharm.com/mobilereview