The king of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is always the content and an important component in ensuring a site’s success and longevity. Today, SEO is becoming increasingly popular and well-recognized as a legitimate marketing technique.
There are certain approaches and points to keep in mind if you aim to become a successful content writer expert in SEO oriented articles. You can follow these tips to gain major rankings in the search engines:-
1. Think before you write!Before writing a blog, think hard about the message of your text. What do you want to tell your readers in your blog post or which central question do you want to ask? What’s the purpose of your blog? And what do you want your readers to do at the end of the page? Before you begin writing, write down the answers to these questions.
2. Write down the structure of your blog postYour blog post must start with a clear structure. Every post should have:
• Give some sort of introduction in which you introduce your topic.
• A body in which the main message of the blog is written.
• A conclusion which should summarize the most important ideas.
3. Use paragraphsYour blog must contain paragraphs. Make sure that each paragraph of your blog makes sense and a valid reason of for making a new paragraph. Do not start a new sentence on a new line, just because it looks nice. Every paragraph should have a main idea or a main subject. Each paragraph doesn’t contain more than three sentences.
4. Use headingsHeadings clarify the structure of your blog, so you should use headings. They’re important for readability, but for SEO as well. Headings enable Google to grasp the main topics of a long post and therefore can help in your ranking.
5. Use signal wordsSignal words help audience to scan through your text and to grasp the main idea. Signal words are therefore very important to structure your text.
6. Let other people read your postBefore posting or publishing your post, let someone else to read your blog post first. Ask him/her whether he understands the main message of your post or not.
7. Optimize the length of your article.Make sure your articles have a minimum of 300 words and maximum of 700 words. Google likes long articles, but if your article is too long though, it might scare away users. So try to stop at around 700 words.
8. Link to previous contentIf you already wrote some similar content about the topic of your current post, don’t forget to link to these posts. Link to previous post will make your post stronger because you show some authority on the subject. Your link structure is important for your ranking in Google as well.
9. Add Unique content regularlyCreating a blog that is completely SEO friendly is what makes your blog stand out as a fantastically excellent blog i.e. your content must be unique. Adding consistent, actual and functional content to your website will give Google the idea that your website is alive. If the website isn’t an active website, Google will crawl it less often. This might affect the rankings of your site negatively.
10. Speed Up Your BlogA slow loading blog will frustrate and irritate readers and increase the likelihood of them clicking the back arrow on their browser before your page even loads. It is therefore important that you wrote your blog so that pages load quickly. Search engines also rank fast loading websites higher, therefore optimizing your blog design will help your blog gain more search engine traffic.
The era in which some SEO tricks were enough sufficient to get your website to rank higher in Google has long ended. Nowadays, good content is king of SEO. Also good content leads to more tweets, Facebook likes, and return visitors to your website. Of course, you can do some more extra things to maximize the SEO friendliness of your post, but the most important thing is: just write a very, very good blog post!