Search engine optimization (SEO) plays an important role in getting a great amount of traffic to help a website reach search engine results. Without traffic, it would be impossible for the website to be known and even ranked. For Web Developers, there has been some talk whether knowing SEO could be of help when they start working on a project – developing a website. Indeed, web developers get great benefits when they have knowledge on how SEO works. Here are some important reasons why web developers should take some time understanding SEO.
- Generally, knowledge on SEO helps web developers to create codes that won’t hinder search engine crawlers in accessing the website. Crawlers cannot read flash programs and iframes so it might be better if web developers will minimize using this strategy.
- The use of meta tags is an important point in SEO that developers have to know about. The meta tags are elements in a website’s content that search engines look for. These meta tags lead the search engine to relevant pages in the website. The title and the description tags are the two tags that are primarily sought. If a web developer accidentally creates a duplicate of these meta tags, crawlers consider this as a duplicate content, and duplicate contents are not ranked.
- Site speed is an important factor when developing a website. Conversions are very important for SEO. They need people to sign up or buy their products or services to have conversion ratings. With a slow loading site, it will be difficult to get conversions as people or users always want a fast loading page. Web developers should make sure that the website loads fast enough to make sure users stick around and know more about the website.
- The usage of redirects can greatly affect the ranking of a website. Common redirect errors can badly hurt a website. When a website transfers to a new URL, users get redirected to the new address. However, the extra authority that a page gains on different external links are not transferred when the redirection is wrong. When this happens, the traffic to the website decreases and your ranking drops in an instant.
- Search engines look for relevant content in websites. Content should always be useful to the search of the user. What developers can do is to make sure that these crawlers can access the pages that have the richest content in their website.
- Web developers should also consider optimizing images that are used in the website. Their alt attributes should be properly assigned. Moreover, web developers should also make sure that images contain the right file name. Compressing its file size without compromising its quality is another thing to keep in mind when it comes to on page optimization.
The knowledge on SEO for web developers is a bonus as it helps them use codes and create techniques in leading web crawlers to relevant pages on the website. Indeed, web developers and SEO working together brings positive and best results to a particular website.
The post Is it Beneficial for Web Developers to Know SEO? appeared first on Mystechdynamics.
This post first appeared on Web Design And Development Services - Mystech Dynamics, please read the originial post: here