This is a question that I have been asked a number of times and for me, the answer is quite simple.
I would love to give you a cheesy sales line and say “you can’t afford NOT to” but the truth is, signing up for an SEO contract with a reputable Seo Company isn’t for everyone.
So how do you decide if hiring an SEO expert to help you is the right decision?
Here’s a simple list and if you find yourself in either one of these categories, you will already have your answer.
DO NOT invest in SEO Services if:
- Your business is really struggling. You barely have enough money to feed your family and coming up with another $XXX per month is going to make it worse.
- You believe that an SEO campaign is your road to riches.
- The day after you sign up with an SEO company, you’re going to Google your product/service every day and call or email your SEO company to ask why you haven’t seen results yet.
- You aren’t very good at what you do. This should be a no-brainer, but if you aren’t good at what you do, don’t amplify your business with an SEO campaign since all it will lead to is increased bad reviews. Focus on the core elements of your business before you bring your talents to the world.
- You aren’t willing to work with the SEO company. An SEO campaign works best when both sides are willing and able to work well together in a positive manner. Communication is key to the success of an SEO campaign.
- Your website is not mobile-friendly. If you haven’t moved into the mobile world, deal with this before you start down the road of trying to increase visibility of a non-mobile-friendly site.
Invest in SEO Services if:
- You have a visually appealing website but you just aren’t getting many or ANY inquiries about your product or services via your company website.
- You know that SEO takes time; Lots of time. Signing on to work with an SEO expert is going require patience, knowing that often the cost of SEO services are front loaded and results may not be realized for many many months.
- You’re ready to work together in a positive manner to do what you need to do to get your website in front of your potential customers.
- You understand that SEO services and a properly designed website are only PART of your marketing plan. They aren’t meant to BE your entire marketing plan. Your brand and your other marketing efforts will play a part in the success of your SEO campaign.
- You need help; You’re busy running your own successful business. You know you need to grow and you just don’t have time to learn the in’s and out’s of the SEO world.
Did you find yourself in the 2 scenarios above?
If any of the statements in the “Invest in SEO services” section resonated with you, you’re ready to take the next step to reach out to an SEO provider that can get results. If you found yourself in the first list above, we still might be able to help you, but we will need to develop a strong relationship and a realistic understanding before proceeding.
The post Reality Check: Should You Invest in SEO? appeared first on Blake Strategies Group.