We’re Giving Away Our Plumber Digital Marketing Playbook
“My phone isn’t ringing.”
Sound familiar? Yet there are more than 246,000 searches EVERY MONTH for plumbers in the United States according to Google’s keyword planner. Conservatively speaking, that’s just shy of three million searches a year from people looking for a plumber, and that doesn’t even include any related searches like, “plumber near me,” “24/7 plumbing company,” or others.
“My phone isn’t ringing.”
It’s a line we’ve heard thousands of times from prospective customers here at Blue Corona where, to put it simply, we help plumbers generate more business from their digital Marketing campaigns.
This guide to plumber digital marketing is meant to weed out the crap and give you a proven playbook to create a successful internet marketing campaign in 2017.
(Pun intended.) From SEO to PPC, social media, directory listings, email marketing, and more, we’ve got you covered.
Have questions at the end? Our plumber marketing consultants are ready to answer anything you throw at us… all you have to do is call!
Plumber Digital Marketing… Where to Start?
In 2017, plumbing companies have more Digital Marketing options than ever before, and navigating which strategies will have the most significant impact on your business this year can be difficult to navigate. Some popular digital marketing services for plumbers include:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay Per Click (PPC or “paid advertising”)
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Email Marketing
Start with SEO.
Invest In SEO for Plumbers
Use Search Engine Optimization and Local SEO to Generate More Leads from Qualified Customers In Your Service Area
If you’re reading this you’re probably a plumber looking for useful tips to enhance your website performance. While we suggest starting with SEO for your plumbing digital marketing campaign, you really need a website first. If you’re a plumber without a website, learn more about websites for plumbers.
Search engine optimization for plumbers should be your top priority after building a website because:
- SEO is a long-term marketing investment and takes time to see results
- Competitors already invest in SEO, so they have a head start on you
- Competition on search engines for plumbers is high, so getting started now positions your company the best on search results in the future
In a study released by Google, four out of five consumers use search engines to find local information. As a result, ranking on the first page of Google as a plumber for your most important keywords can be the difference between a customer in need calling your and calling your competitor.
3 Quick Ways to Improve Your Plumbing SEO Results
- Claim your Google My Business page
- Optimize your website content for your local service area
- Get reviews on Google My Business and other online platforms
Invest In Pay Per Click Advertising for Immediate Results
Get on Google Page One Immediately
Needs leads NOW? Pay per click advertising (PPC) allows plumbers anywhere to immediately be found on the first page of Google, delivering quick results in the process.
Use Local SEO to Dominate Your Market
Take a Hyper-Targeted Approach to Plumber Digital Marketing
The Google local pack appears in the top spot in 93 percent of searches with local intent, according to Hubspot, which means when homeowners and businesses are looking for a plumber close to them, the Google local pack will show up almost every time. For example:
Local SEO is the process of optimizing your website to maximize your search visibility. As part of your Plumber Digital Marketing campaign you can optimize your website by:
- Claiming and optimizing your Google My Business page
- Optimizing heading tags on every web page (H1s, H2s, etc.) for local search
- Optimizing meta data (title tags, meta descriptions) for local search
- Adding business Schema markup to your website
- Claiming and optimizing your business’ online directory profiles
- Yahoo Local
- Optimizing your website content for local search
Use Email Marketing to Keep In Touch
Email Marketing Nurtures Unclosed Prospects & Keeps You In Touch With Previous Customers
Do customers ever call you for repeat business? If so, good on you. It not, shame on you.
Staying in front of prospects and existing customers should be a top priority for plumbers, making email marketing an integral part of your plumber digital marketing campaign.
Incorporating email marketing into your plumbing company’s internet marketing campaign can:
- Keep you in touch with your customers
- Generate more sales by including specials, coupons, and rebates
- Improve your brand awareness
Incorporate Video Marketing Into Your Plumber Digital Marketing Campaign
Video Marketing for Plumbers Boosts SEO, Gives Your Brand a Personality & Establishes You as THE AUTHORITY In Your Community
One-third of online activity is spent watching video, and home service companies are taking note. Every plumbing contractor should invest in at least one video for their website, and if you have the means, invest in a video marketing campaign. As part of your plumber digital marketing strategy, video marketing can:
- Increase engagement with your website
- Give your brand a personality
- Convey your competitive differentiators to website visitors
Video Marketing Tips for Plumbers
- Keep your videos under two minutes – Videos under two minutes get more engagement with visitors and the longer your video is, the less people will watch it.
- Put videos on service pages – Video on landing pages can increase conversions (phone calls, web form submissions) by 80 percent or more. What’s even better is that websites with video have a 2.1 percent higher conversion rate than those without video.
- Add videos wherever relevant – Having a video on a landing page makes it 53 percent more likely to show up on page 1 of search rankings.
- Use videos on blogs – Blog posts with videos attract three times as many inbound links as posts without video, further enhancing the SEO value of your plumbing company’s website.
Use Social Media to Engage With Customers
Build a Brand & Separate Yourself from the Competition
Whether you like it or not, social media is growing at a rapid pace and playing an increasingly important role in how businesses interact with customers. Social media allows you to expand the reach of your company and improves the overall performance of your plumber digital marketing campaign.
Setup you social media profiles on these platforms:
- Google My Business
Incorporate social media into your business operations:
- Website footer
- Marketing materials
- Business cards
- Email signatures
Get Online Reviews
Separate Your Business from Other Plumbers
Did you know that 84 percent of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation? Additionally, 54 percent of people will visit the website after reading positive reviews, making reviews the new word-of-mouth referrals.
Think about it—who are you going to call when your toilet is broken or you have a burst pipe? A plumber with an aggregate review rating of 2.1-stars with 5 reviews or the plumbing company with a 5.0-star rating and 150 reviews?
Not to mention, if your company is found in Google’s local pack with two of your biggest competitors, you want your company to stand out above the rest.
Use a Review Platform to Generate More Online Reviews
Don’t have the time to email each and every customer for a review? Use a review platform to quickly ask your customers for a 5-star review. We recommend our clients use Review Us Now.
Your Plumber Digital Marketing Experts
Here at Blue Corona we help plumbers grow their business and yield measureable results from their plumber digital marketing campaigns. In fact, we like to say we’re experts!
Contact us today to learn more about our plumber marketing solutions and how you can grow your online presence.
This post first appeared on Internet Marketing Blog & Tips For HVAC, Plumbing,, please read the originial post: here