Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

What is eCommerce micro conversion?

As an e-commerce business owner, you need to focus on the big picture such as revenue, traffic, growth strategy and such.  

But overlooking the “small things” can have a huge negative impact on your big vision. We call the “small things” micro-Conversion. They are critical parts of your pre-macro converting process.

What is micro-conversions?

A Micro Conversion refers to a user activity that leads them to the target conversion (purchasing). For instance, if you have an e-commerce website that sells premium outdoor furniture, you may wish for a visitor hitting the “add to cart” and open their wallet immediately after landing. But, you know in reality, it doesn’t work like that. In most cases, they will probably watch your demo videos, filter by prices, read reviews and your blog first. These actions seem not contributive to sales directly, but they guide a user through a few actions that lead up to the major conversion.

In short, the big conversion comes with a process. And checking the progress at the initial stage of business always yields better results. Micro conversion helps you to measure such progress.

They are the indicators of potential purchasing intention–each micro-conversion brings your visitors a little closer to the final purchase.

Why is it a big deal?

When you got a decent amount traffic coming to your website but 70% of them didn’t buy, then what were they doing? What did the other 30% visitors do before successfully making a purchase?

You will only discover the path to success (macro conversion) if you carefully track and measure the process that users engage in.

Micro-conversions provide a picture of your website visitors in terms of what their interests are and where they get stuck during the buying journey. For instance, if you notice the micro conversion rates that hit the roof, you know that these are the best areas for final conversion potential.

It also tracks multi-channel performance. Many micro conversions go beyond the site itself, and track user engagement in other marketing and social channels.




The post What is eCommerce micro conversion? appeared first on iMediaDesigns.



This post first appeared on 5 Reasons Your Landing Pages Aren’t Working, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

What is eCommerce micro conversion?

×

Subscribe to 5 Reasons Your Landing Pages Aren’t Working

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription

×