Have you ever sent an email to clients only to get no response? Did they even open it? Or open it just to delete it? Maybe you don’t even know where your campaigns are going wrong? To be sure to find the key to a stand-out message is critical to your bottom line—whether that bottom line is cold, hard cash or community engagement or anything in between.
Why use email marketing? Over 269 billion emails sent each day, 90% of adults and 74% of teenagers still use Email regularly. This makes email marketing the perfect tool for building customer relationships to help you generate leads and sales.
Before going into these tips, it’s important that you’re using email marketing software that won’t hold you back. Many of the tips require integration between your shopping cart and email list, automation, subscribers list and list segmentation.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Successful and Effective Email Marketing Campaign
1. Outline your email marketing campaign goals
This is the first step in using email marketing effectively depending on the industry and size of your business. Your business goals could be:
- Remind customers that your business exists
- Reward existing customers with special promotions
- Nurture prospective customers with drip email campaigns until they are ready to buy
- Actively try to get prospects to purchase your product or service
- Encourage customers to refer their friends and family to you
- Communicate and build your brand image
- Foster engagement and relationships with your clients
2. You should have sizeable email list
Make your email marketing campaigns most effective with earned email lists. There are many ways you can do this of course. Some prefer to give something away for free while others simply offer a newsletter or product updates.
Common concerns of prospects, subscribers, and audience:
- What do I get when I give you my email address?
- Are you going to spam me?
- How often will you email me?
- Will I get discounts?
- Will I get the first crack at your beta?
- Will you send me relevant offers or more junk?
A strong call-to-action and effective copywriting is the right tool to convince your audience.
Learn how to get subscribers to buy your stuff.
3. Choose best email marketing software/tool
While almost all reputable email service providers work very hard to make sure that your emails are not blocked by major ISP’s, they can’t control whether or not your emails hit the inbox or the spam box.
- Constant Contact
- Campaign Monitor
- Blue Sky Factory
4. Encourage readers to reply / opt-in / buy
Email marketing is one of the most effective online marketing strategy and capable of starting a meaningful conversation with real people interested in your business. So, don’t just through information, focus on these aspects of your email.
- Irresistible subject lines
- An entertaining and distinctive voice
- Targeted content
Focusing on these points encourage recipients to respond.
5. Personalization is the key to success in your online email marketing campaigns
Most email tools allow you to enter shortcodes that will be replaced with the recipient’s name when the email is sent out. Customize your message based on a particular section of the audience. If you have a business that works with multiple industries, consider sending out different versions of your email with each one providing information specific to each industry.
6. Make your emails mobile-friendly
Regardless of whether you’re a B2B or B2C marketer, your audience is always on the move. With changing devices, interests, and behaviors it’s increasingly difficult to stay in front of your target audience. In fact, 66% of email opens occur on smartphones or tablets. If your emails aren’t optimized for viewing on these devices, you’re potentially missing out on a huge number of clicks.
7. Craft good-looking emails that get results
Make sure subscribers never miss a thing with one-time broadcast emails like newsletters and product promos. Email marketing and automation platform like AWeber comes with the features like mobile-ready templates, send on-brand and gorgeous email newsletters. Just drag, drop and edit images and text options to make your emails perfect.
8. Testing email content and formats
Beyond testing content on different platforms, you should also experiment with different subject lines, calls to action, and body text to see what is most engaging to your audience. Use built-in A/B testing modules that allow you to compare the results of different versions of your emails.
9. Track your data
Keep a close eye on your data, like how many email addresses were undeliverable or what time of day people opened your message. These tiny details will tell you a lot about your email’s performance. Use in-built performance tools to check open rate, unsubscribed and other data. For in-depth analysis use tracking tools like Google Analytic helping you analyze your audience, their behavior and help you create better email marketing campaigns.
How to do email marketing right?
There is countless applicability of email marketing. The email marketing services suggested here will provide the required features to apply most of the tips and strategies in this section.
- Incentivize Customers to Review the Product They’ve Bought via Email
- Set Up Cart Abandonment Emails to Identify Bugs & Improve Checkout Conversion Rate
- Reward Your Most Loyal Customers
- Reactivate Your Dormant Customers
- Be Prepared For Product Seasonality and Retail Holidays with a Newsletter Calendar
- Take Your Email Marketing To the Inbox
Don’t overwhelm your subscribers and Above all else, provide value to your email list.
The post How to create an effective email marketing campaign appeared first on Bringnex.